Style > Fashion

The Perfect Last Minute Single And Duo Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

With Halloween fast approaching, I am once again reminded not everyone spends months thinking about what costume they’re going to be wearing for my favorite weekend of the year — “Halloweekend.” If you’re a college student that goes out to parties on campus, or knows people involved in Greek life, you know Halloweekend is an extremely intense weekend. For those that don’t know, the entire Halloween weekend is dedicated to partying in costumes with various groups, at several locations. Regardless of who you’re partying with, one thing that is encouraged is a wardrobe change over the weekend; people rarely show up in the same costume all three (or four) days. 

With that being said, I am here to help you come up with cute and easy costumes that you can put together in preparation for the main event. Any of these costumes can be adjusted to accommodate you as an individual or a duo. 

Sun and Moon – Duo 

Although it may seem obvious, I have truly never seen a pair that has gone as the sun and moon together. That being said, if you want to look out of this world at your party, dedicate one of the outfits to all silver and the other to all gold. This would include your tops, pants, makeup and accessories! Shoes can be a bit harder, so I recommend wearing comfy shoes instead of buying a new pair. I would argue the most important part is be the accessories. Host a craft night dedicated to creating glitter headpieces that encapsulate all that makes the sun and moon special. You can even add in a star or a planet to make it a group costume! 

Cave Girl – Individual 

If you have any animal print or brown clothing at all, I would consider going as a cave girl! It would make for the perfect day two or three costume since you can wake up and utilize your bedhead to simulate sleeping in a cave. However, you can absolutely style the outfit to be more flattering than your hair. I suggest doing a basic brown makeup look to match the rest of the aesthetic. To go the extra mile, I would even go to dollar tree and buy a pack – or single if you can find it – of plastic bones. This can then be used as your hair accessory to add that final touch to your costume. 

Scooby Doo – Duo

I know it’s a classic and some of you rolled your eyes, but everyone suggests it since it’s such a fun costume to do. My favorite part of it is that you can mix and match who you dress up with, and it can easily become a group project. Since everyone in the Scooby gang is just wearing normal clothes, you can also make sure that you’re comfy. Another bonus is you can wear what you already have, or you can save what you buy and add it to your wardrobe in the future! If you already own some purple clothes, go as Daphne and all you potentially need is a green scarf. Maybe you want to go for a more casual look and you own a green top. You can go as Shaggy with some khaki colored bottoms, which gives you the perfect excuse to buy Scooby Snacks. Regardless, it can always be easy to find something to wear with another person, or a group, to look adorable and comfy while you’re out. 

Where’s Waldo – Individual 

Sometimes you just want to wear jeans and a striped shirt, and I need you to know I support you. My sister dressed up as Where’s Waldo one year, and it was honestly so cute and easy. She already had white shorts — jeans work just as well — and we found a cheap red and white top at Target. You can’t dress-up as Waldo without wearing the iconic shirt. Luckily, if you’re a Bradley student, that shirt can just become part of your red and white, school spirit, wardrobe. You can also check Dollar Tree for a cheap pair of circle glasses to wear around. Now you’ve got the perfect costume that can lead to a day filled with funny snaps of your own Where’s Waldo game. 

Princess Peach and Princess Daisy – Duo 

With the Barbie craze going around, I’m absolutely sure that most women own at least one clothing item that is pink. If you can pair it with some other pink (or white) things, you will make the perfect Princess Peach. All you’ll need is a homemade gold crown that can be as simple as construction paper glued to a cheap headband, and you’re set for the day. If you’re going as the lovable Princess Daisy, you’ll have a similar vibe going, just with an orange focus rather than a pink one. Maybe you went as Velma the year before and you still have the top? Or maybe you bought that one orange skirt because you were convinced you could match it with something? We’ve all been there! Just pull together some orange and white items and you’ll be perfect!

Playboy Bunny – Individual 

If things come down to the last minute and you truly have no other idea what to wear, you can always turn to the iconic “sexy” costume — Playboy Bunny. It is as easy as you think it would be as long as you own at least one black thing in your closet. For most girls, there is the staple black bodysuit you have worn to more things than you can remember. If not, I always recommend running to Target since most of their bodysuits are pretty good quality and aren’t overly expensive. Even if you were going for costume on a budget, you can always use girl math and realize you can wear it more than once. Therefore, it’s actually a cheap investment in the long-run. Along with the bodysuit, you can find a cheap pair of fishnets at Spirit Halloween if you don’t already own some. While you’re in the store, you can always grab a cheap pair of ears and you’ll be the ideal Playboy Bunny! As a bonus, the tails are not necessary, unless you want to add that final touch. 

Regardless of what you decide to go as, make sure that you’re wearing things that you’re comfortable with! I know that Halloween can be hard for people, since it can be so easy to compare yourself to others — whether costume ideas or body types. The most important thing with the holiday is ensuring that you feel cute and confident in yourself! Make sure to stay safe and have fun!!

Kylie Kruis

Bradley U '25

I am the current president at the Her Campus at Bradley University chapter. I oversee the general operations of the chapter, run meetings, and correspond with HCHQ. Beyond Her Campus, I am also the current community service exec chair for my sorority, Epsilon Sigma Alpha. I have been part of the organization since my freshman year after leading a volunteer group for several years prior to college. I am also the current community service outreach member for Bradley's psychology club, Psi Chi and Psych Club. As the community service member for both, I am constantly reaching out to other organizations in the community to collaborate on creating a better overall town. I am currently a junior at Bradley University in Peoria, IL, majoring in Psychology and English - Creative Writing with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. In my free time, I enjoy hiking with my boyfriend, spending the weekend with my family and dogs, and writing short stories. I'm a new Bachelor nation fan and have extremely strong opinions about most people on them. I also enjoy several podcasts ranging from comedy to true crime. My passion lies with volunteering and being a leader for others whenever possible.