Prepare for Rihanna’s Concert With Delicious Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Rihanna’s Concert (I mean the Super Bowl) calls for snacks for my friends and family! I am hosting a party this year, so my roommates and I are cooking up yummy food to snack on, keeping ourselves busy until halftime. 

Ham and Cheese Sliders

Our first appetizer to enjoy are ham and cheese sandwich sliders! These are so easy to make. All I need is my favorite cheese (I love pepper jack), sliced ham (or meat of choice), Hawaiian buns, butter, garlic, and dijon mustard. There are many variations to this easy recipe, so be creative!

1. First, place one side of the Hawaiian buns in a casserole dish, then smooth a few dollops of dijon mustard over the bread. 
  2. Add 1-2 layers of sliced ham over the bread.
  3. Add 1-2 layers of sliced cheese over the ham. 
  4. Smooth more dijon mustard on the bottom of the top bread slices and place it on top of the ham. 
  5. I add melted butter and garlic over the top of all the buns to create a golden glaze.
  6. Finally, bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. 

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Our second appetizer is my roommate’s amazing buffalo chicken dip! It is so delicious, I made sure to ask her to make double the recipe this year. Her ingredients include chicken (2-4 breasts, depending upon the amount desired), a cup of ranch dressing, a jar of buffalo sauce (she uses Hooter’s buffalo sauce), one package of cream cheese, and one cup of cheddar cheese. 

1. She cooks her chicken breasts first in chicken broth on the stove or in a crock pot, then she shreds the chicken. 
  2. Next, she adds the chicken to a crockpot on high. 
  3. She adds the ranch, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese to the crock pot. 
  4. She leaves the ingredients in the pot for 3-4 hours, mixing occasionally. 
  5. Once finished, she serves it with tortilla chips, but you can serve it with chips of your choosing! 

Fried pickles and fried zucchini

Our last appetizer is fried pickles and fried zucchini! This is also a very easy recipe to make. My ingredients include sliced pickles (brand of your choosing), 1-2 zucchini, flour, seasonings (pepper, salt, garlic powder), and frying oil (vegetable or peanut). This appetizer is always a hit because many of my friends and family enjoy fried food items!

1. First, I cut my pickles and zucchini into my desired shape/size. 
  2. Dry off pickles and zucchini on a paper towel to remove excess moisture. 
  3. I mix together the flour and all my seasonings together in a bowl. 
  4. I heat an inch of oil in a pan on medium to high heat until it reaches 375 degrees, Fahrenheit. 
  5. I then toss the pickles and zucchini into the flour mixture until they are evenly coated. 
  6. I place a few slices into the oil at a time until they become golden brown. 
  7. With a draining spoon, I carefully take the pickles or zucchini out of the oil and place them on a dry paper towel to soak up the excess oil. 
  8. I wait until they are cooled and I enjoy them with ranch dressing!
Becky Rose

Bradley U '23

Hello! My name is Becky Rose and I am a nutrition and dietetics major at Bradley University. I have a passion for sharing with others about how to improve their health and wellness and cannot wait to share more through my writing for other students. Follow me on Instagram @becky32301 to get to know me more!