This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

Alyssa Watkins, junior nursing major, is bringing a new club to Bradley University. The club is called “Fighting Pretty” and will official start in the 2024 spring semester.

What is fighting pretty?

Fighting Pretty is a non-profit organization that’s goal is to help women feel pretty during and after cancer treatments. They achieve their goal of supporting women by sending them care packages to help remind them they are strong, beautiful and “fighting pretty.” Each package includes small boxing gloves, lipstick and some inspirational notes.

So far Fighting Pretty has been brought to two campuses, The University of Ohio State and University of Missouri. Each campus has helped support over 1,000 women. Watkins is now welcoming the club to Bradley University in hopes to reach just as many people.

Watkins and Fighting pretty

After hearing about Fighting Pretty from a friend at the University of Missouri, Watkins reached out to the organization to see if they would help her get started at Bradley. She saw the organization as having a strong purpose that needs to be spread.

“I thought this organization had such a great message and purpose and I think that more people need to hear about it,” Watkins said, “Cancer is unfortunately something that has affected many people’s lives, and I think that others at Bradley might be interested in helping.”

Along with the goal of reaching women in the area who are fighting the battle, Watkins would like to reach a bigger audience to help with fundraising. In addition, she hopes to ensure the club will continue after she gradates.

She has already gained support from other organizations on campus. She hopes to continue to get more support at her debut of the club at the spring semester activity fair.

Ann McManus

Bradley U '25

Hey!! My name is Ann and I'm a junior journalism major with a minors in creative writing and political science. As you can tell I love to write, but when I'm not, my favorite activities to is reading, crocheting, or catching up on my favorite shows/movies.<3