This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

You’re not alone if COVID has changed your typical Spring Break this year. Like many other schools, Bradley has removed Spring Break from the schedule. At Bradley, two no homework days were put in place of a typical spring break. But so far, they haven’t proven to be too much help to students. But don’t let the lack of a Spring Break stop you from giving yourself time off. There are things you can do from home, in your own city, or virtually. 

First up is theme nights!  Get your roommates or small group of friends together and plan a theme night. You could do anything from food, drinks, clothes, movies or games (or all 5). A few ideas might be decades, superhero, mystery or whatever else might suit you and your friends. This is a great way to have a fun and safe night.

Next, you could be a tourist in your own city. In Peoria, there’s Grandview Drive, Wildlife Prairie Park, Peoria Riverfront Museum, Luthy Botanical Garden and so much more. There are also a number of coffee shops and restaurants to try in the area. Personally, Grandview Drive at sunrise (or sunset) with a stop for coffee (or ice cream) is a fun way to relax and relieve stress. Don’t be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and treat yourself! 

Another option would be a day full of self-care and relaxation. Take a relaxing shower or bath, use a face mask, light a candle, eat your favorite food and watch your favorite show. Allow yourself to get away from homework and all the other stress you might have. It’s important to take care of your physical health as well as your mental health. 

Finally, due to COVID, there are many virtual tours you can take of different museums, monuments or cities. Whether you want to walk down the streets of Berlin, admire the great work at the Louvre or relax on the beaches of Honolulu, Virtual Vacation is a great site for you to visit. Now you can start planning your next dream vacation! 

Despite how different things are now, there are still ways to have fun. Even if it’s as simple as taking a break and doing the things that you love. Everyone deserves a break and time to relax. I hope you have fun making your own Spring Break!

Sarah Frolick

Bradley U '21

I am a senior Journalism major with minors in French and Photography. I have always loved to write and I am super excited to get involved with HerCampus through Bradley University!
Allison is the Campus Correspondent and the Founder of the Bradley University chapter of Her Campus. She is a senior at Bradley majoring in Journalism and Social Media Marketing with a minor in Management & Leadership. In her free time she enjoys baking, hiking, or curling up on the couch with her cats.