Culture > News

Bradley’s Basketball Team is Doing Big Things!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

On Sunday, Feb. 26, the Bradley Men’s Basketball team had one of their most electric basketball games in a long time. The Braves played an exhilarating game and beat Drake University to become this season’s Missouri Valley Conference champions — something they have not achieved since 1996.

Bradley Basketball fans knew this game had the potential to be one of the most intense games of the season, and the hype for it was well-advertised in the week leading up to the game. For students, there were days Kaboom was out on campus to engage with them, lots of Instagram posts, and emails were being sent out to promote the “Red Out” theme.

It all paid off in the end because Carver Arena was a complete sellout! The game attracted Bradley fans from the Peoria Community, surrounding areas, as well as a variety of students that cheered the team on. Having so many devoted fans attend the game has created an exciting opportunity to see how that energy will continue as the Braves travel to St. Louis, Missouri for Arch Madness this weekend.

At the end of the day, the best part of this team moving ahead is that many of the same players will be back next season. With this, an exciting, new outlook for community and student support is created. Not only for the rest of this season but also heading into next year! Let’s go Braves!

Camryn Picken

Bradley U '25

Hey! My name is Camryn and I am a Junior Psychology Major at Bradley University. I love science and psychology as well as being an advocate for physical and mental fitness…especially for women! Follow me on Insta: @camryn.picken