Interior Priority Seating First Date
Interior Priority Seating First Date
Tiffany Meh / Spoon
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How Activity Dates Can Be Better Than Physical Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

I recently celebrated my first anniversary with my partner. There are many things I’ve learned about my partner since we got together, and one of them is that they absolutely hate “physical objects.” What that means is anything that isn’t useful (like kitchenware and hobby supplies) isn’t wanted (like trinkets). If they say they don’t want anything, they really, really mean it. 

Now, I love physical gifts, both giving and receiving. My roommates and I did a little “Roomie Christmas” together before break, and I was absolutely giddy looking at the tiny wrapped presents under our tree. But I also love gifts that aren’t physical, such as activities you can experience together. Being with my partner has led me to appreciate active gifts and experiences a lot more than I used to. 

I consider an activity gift anything that involves, well, an activity! Getting a fancy dinner, going to see live music, and getting a couple’s massage are all different things I’ve done with my partner. Creating memories is so much more satisfying than a piece of plastic I won’t use again. 

So, if you’re looking for unique gifts for your partner, I highly recommend seeking out different activities. You’ll have a great time, I promise.

Charlotte Tolly

Bradley U '25

Charlotte is a third year UX design major with a passion for art and writing. In her free time, you can find her baking, reading, or spending time with her friends.