This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bradley U chapter.

The season of giving is among us, so here are five gifts that you can make, thrift or buy for your friends this year.

Felt Ornaments

Felt Ornaments are an extremely customizable and creative gift for someone. This gift is probably easier for gift-givers on the craftier side, but as long as you know how to sew or hot glue, you can probably make a cool felt ornament. I’ve seen some photos online where people trace cookie cutters onto felt to make their ornaments and the outcome is pretty solid. Also, if you already have felt and basic sewing supplies, you wouldn’t even need to buy anything new.

mp3 player with a customized playlist

This would be such a great gift for someone who loves music. MP3 players can also be inexpensive if you thrift one or find one online for cheap. There are hundreds of videos on YouTube on how to add songs to the MP3 player of your choice, and they all look relatively easy.

Friendship zine

Zines are a great way to show how much someone means to you. If you haven’t heard of zines before, they’re like little magazines/scrapbooks that people make. This project/gift can be as easy or as complex as you want it to be, and the payout will be so worth it. Even if you aren’t the most creative, Pinterest is full of ideas that you can take inspiration from.

NOVELTY Mug

If you look around the mug section of your local thrift stores, you’ll definitely find some fun novelty mugs. The bigger the better honestly, because just imagine how many teas or treats you can stuff inside. Very easy and customizable.

sophmore – 20 – keeping it simple – movie enjoyer