This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

As a fanatic myself, I am up to date on all things Taylor Swift. 1989 (Taylor’s Version) is set to be released in October, she just won nine VMA’s, and she is rumored to be dating Kansas City Chief’s player Travis Kelce. Now, I don’t know about you, but when I first heard this, I thought it was ridiculous. I thought it was crazy, Taylor Swift dating a football player. But then the more I thought about it, the more I loved it. Here’s why:

He understands fame.

Travis Kelce is one of the most famous football players in the nation right now, he understands fame, and maybe even Taylor’s fame. He can’t shame her for being in the spotlight because it would be like he was shaming himself.

He seems to respect her music.

Kelce was seen at Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour over the summer. He was spotted dancing and looking as happy as could be at the concert. Personally, if I didn’t respect an artist or their craft, I wouldn’t even attend the event, let alone dance at it.

She looked so happy at his football game.

Taylor looked like she was having the time of her life at his football game on Sunday, September 24. She was in a suite with his mother and other people laughing, cheering, and smiling while watching the game.

They look extremely cute together.

Have you seen a picture or a video of them or them riding together in his car? Tell me that’s not the cutest stuff you’ve ever seen. He looks like such a nice guy, and she looks incredibly happy. How could you not love this?

Basically, this is one of the cutest rumored relationships I’ve ever witnessed. I’m excited to see where this goes and truly wish Taylor the happiness that she deserves after having so many rough experiences with different men.

Delaney Mullen

Bowling Green '26

I am a sophomore studying Family Consumer Science Education at BGSU. I spend my free time listening to music, baking, reading, and hanging out with friends. I love all things Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, and Phoebe Bridgers!