Spice Up Your Life: Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Copycat Recipe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

I, Taylor Perley, am obsessed with apple cider to the point that when I discovered Starbuck’s Carmel Apple Spice last October, I may have sort of kinda gone a bit overboard on the overspending of this sweet drink. This year I have decided to do away with my over-reliance on the coffee chain and discover my own version of this apple cider drink. After careful experimentation into the vast world of hot drinks, a collection of clumsy burns, and an unimaginable amount of research into just what is an apple cider, I can finally exclaim with all my heart…

IT’S ALIVE!

Below, I have created the ultimate of Frankenstein’s monsters with this masterful concoction of whimsical and falltastic! It is sure to curve anyone’s craving for this sweet treat!

Recipe

Makes 1 cup of Apple Cider

Ingredients

• 1 cup of apple juice
  • 4 tbsp of granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp of brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp of cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp of water
  • Caramel Sauce (optional)
  • Whipped Cream (optional)

Microwave Directions

1. In your favorite mug drizzle caramel sauce along the sides or just on the bottom of your microwave safe mug, to your preference.
  2. Mix together both sugars, cinnamon, and water in a small dish until evenly mixed.
  3. Pour sugar and cinnamon mixture into mug.
  4. Add apple juice into mug.
  5. Place mug into microwave.
  6. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is hot enough to your preference.
  7. Add whipped cream and caramel drizzle to top of hot liquid to your preference.
  8. Enjoy!
Taylor Perley

Bowling Green '24

Hiya! My name is Taylor (she/her + they/them). I am a 3rd-year Communication major here at Bowling Green State University. I am excited to write articles on mental health awareness, sexualities, and gender equity, TV shows to look out for, and so much more!