This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Despite much controversy, I am a firm believer in Christmas after Halloween. It’s my favorite time of the year and I want to have as much Christmas-time as possible. Celebrating Christmas after Halloween gives me almost 2 months of Christmas! In order to get into the holiday spirit, I’ve been religiously listening to winter-themed songs. Here’s my top picks!

All I want for christmas is you- Mariah carey

Anna Schultz-Girl And Guy Talking At Holiday Party
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

It’s not Christmas until Mariah Carey (my namesake) sings. And boy is she singing in my car. If you’re not gasping for air at the end of the song after trying to hit every single high note (and utterly failing), then are you even doing this whole Christmas thing right?

Santa Baby- Taylor Swift

Listen, any rendition of this song will do, okay? But 2008 Taylor singing arguably one of the best Christmas songs of all time? It really doesn’t get any better than that.

I love listening to this song and fantasizing about living a luxurious life. I would like a ’54 convertible, too, light blue.

Oh Ms Believer- Twenty One pilots

Your shaking shoulders prove that it’s colder inside your head than the winter of dead”

Twenty One Pilots, “Oh Ms Believer”

While Oh Ms Believer isn’t strictly a Christmas song, it’s a winter essential. It captures the bitterness of the cold, snowy weather and encapsulates it into song form. I shiver every time I listen to it. Truly.

two queens in a kingsized bed- girl in red

“There’s no mistletoe above our heads, but I’ll kiss you anyway”

Girl in Red, “Two Queens in a King Sized Bed”

This song hits me right in the feels. Sometimes, we don’t have much to give to someone, but that’s okay, because the best gift you can give is the gift of being together. Quite the cliché, but in this song, it works.

I’m Getting Nuttin’ for christmas- relient k

As somewhat of a naughty kid, this song was my anthem growing up. My parents used to sing it to me as a warning, but eventually, I claimed it as my own and sang it constantly. Now every time I hear it, I remember the way I giggled as my mom sang the lyrics to me.

Rocking around the christmas tree- Miley cyrus

A true Christmas classic, for sure. This song encompasses the festivities of Christmas. It reminds me of Christmas Eve, which I spend with my family; laughing, eating, talking, giggling, and wearing pajamas.

Christmas saves the year- twenty one pilots

“With cheap decor and flavored cheer, you rest assured, Christmas saves the year”

Twenty One Pilots, “Christmas Saves the Year”

This song is laced with nostalgia. It carries the feeling of pulling out a box of decorations that have been in your family since you were a young child, and now you’re looking at them with your adult eyes. They haven’t changed, but you have.

Snowman- Sia

You are my home, my home for all seasons

I love everything about this song. The lyrics, the tempo, the melody, all of it. Personally, I love Christmas songs that don’t feel like Christmas songs but you know they’re Christmas songs. And Snowman is definitely one of those songs.

Riah Leskovac

Bowling Green '27

Riah is a freshman at Bowling Green State University majoring in fashion merchandising and product development. She spends her free time drawing, watching movies, going to concerts, and making clothes. Her Spotify stats feature Twenty One Pilots, TV Girl, Paramore, and Girl in Red.