This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Hello beautiful people!

We made it to the end of the semester! Thank goodness, this month has been a stressful one. Here are some of the movies/tv/books/music that kept me sane while working through the last bit of my freshman year of college:

Movies

62/100

I was on a rewatch kick this month. I think it was because I felt I couldn’t focus on anything new, and was comfortable with rewatching a movie where I knew what was going to happen. No surprises here. I love rewatching a movie and noticing new things I missed the first time around.

1. Boyz N The Hood

2. Olivia Rodrigo: driving home 2 u (a SOUR Film)

3. Parasite

4. Ringu

5. Hunt For The Wilderpeople

6. Bones and All

7. A Good Person

Boyz N The Hood, Ringu, and Hunt For The Wilderpeople were for my film history class and I loved all of them! I had never seen any of them before, but I would highly recommend Boyz and Hunt. I had been wanting to rewatch Olivia Rodrigo’s documentary and my parents wanted to see it too so we watched it together. I am so in love with that film (and Olivia) and I just want to make movies like that some day. Her aesthetics and telling the story of how an album was made is just so appealing to me. It would be a dream to make a documentary about my favorite music artist. Parasite and Bones and All were calling me to them to rewatch. I recommend Parasite to everyone I meet, it is one of the best films I have seen to date. The story follows a poor Korean family who scheme to become employed by a wealthy family, infiltrating their household by posing as unrelated, highly qualified individuals. The events that unfold are crazy and this film is so captivating through and through. As director Bong Joon Ho stated, “Once you overcome the 1-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films.” I love this quote so much because (as an avid subtitles user), you are exposed to a world unimpeded by language barriers and can experience amazing stories. I will recommend Bones and All with caution, the subject matter (cannibalism) is pretty grisly and unsettling, but I feel a weird sense of homesickness watching it as it is set in the Midwest. Timothée Chalamet and Taylor Russell do a phenomenal job acting in this film, but it is not for the faint of heart and definitely do not eat while watching!

Books

15/50

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Girls of a Certain Age by Maria Adelmann ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ /5

The Curses (The Graces, #2) by Laure Eve ⭐️⭐️⭐️.5 / 5

I loved all of these so much. Sylvia Plath is just like me for real. Girls of a Certain Age was so honest and raw and creative and so encapsulating. I couldn’t put it down. The Curses was a fun, light, read. It is the sequel to a book I read two years ago, not awful, but I liked The Graces better! I linked my Goodreads so you can read my more in-depth reviews :)

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/126525331-grace

Television

Daisy Jones & The Six: finished! Sobbed. Loved every second of it. Amazing.

The 100: still rewatching. On season four now, but I liked two the best. Trying to get through it for season five where Octavia is Bloodreina (heart eyes). I love this show so much and I definitely recommend to anyone who likes sci-fi, dystopian, and alternate Earth reality shows.

Outer Banks: trying to get through season three. Not going well. Currently watching on 2x speed…

Narcos: took a pause but I am missing Pedro. #PedroPascalWithdraws

Yellowjackets: SEASON TWO DROPPED! Thank you, Will for your Showtime password so I can actually watch it <3 Yellowjackets tells the story of a girls high school soccer team that crash lands in the Canadian wilderness and are forced to survive off of the land (and themselves) for 19 months. The crash happens in 1996 and the show jumps forward to 2021 and tells the stories of the girls who survived in the present. This show is so creepy and intense but so well done. I would definitely recommend if you are bored, you will not regret this one!

The Summer I Turned Pretty: started rewatching in light of season two being announced to release this summer :) Love the vibes even if the writing is silly and cringy at times. Super excited for this summer!

Riley Keough and Sam Claflin in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell/Prime Video
Music

I have been solely listening to my “spring” playlist this month- it is such a vibe. I’ve linked it below, so enjoy!

Here’s to summer!!!! Can’t believe I’m saying that and we’re already 5 months into the year. Crazy. Enjoy your media this month, you know I’ll be enjoying mine!

Grace Heerdt

Bowling Green '26

Grace Heerdt is a junior studying film production & pop culture at BGSU. She is Co-President of BGSU's Her Campus chapter and she spends her free time making art, reading, writing, watching movies, and making fun boards on Pinterest. She also loves listening to all kinds of music- especially Taylor Swift & Harry Styles!