This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

As we all know, colleges have started up their spring semesters for the year – with many being almost a month into starting back up! This means classes are getting work heavy, tests and quizzes are around the corner, and yes – group projects are being talked about.

If you’re anything like me, then you may have a hard time getting back into the groove of things. I know for me, personally, I always say I’m going to really get my work done and be the best student possible, but by the second week I’m already procrastinating and thinking about the next academic break. With little to no time between clubs, work, classes and trying (keyword here!) to have a social life, I’m sure many of us are already feeling like we’re dragging along.

Well, I’m here to share a few of my tips to make this semester as enjoyable as possible without losing your sanity!

1. Buy a planner!

Yeah yeah, I know everyone more than likely already has a planner, but I don’t mean any old planner. I recently bought a planner that has a monthly calendar which then breaks down into the weeks. Sounds basic, but it also has a section for positive habits, where you can track positive habits, mark them down throughout the week, add recharge notes and tasks. Additionally, it has a work section for priorities, tasks, notes and “wins!” This planner has seriously been a game changer as someone who needs to write EVERYTHING down.

You can check it out here!

2. Make time for yourself

Alright, this one is a toughy, I won’t lie. But, taking at least 30 minutes a day to myself has been such a big help. I have a pretty busy schedule between working 3 jobs and going to classes full time, but I’ve managed to take a little bit of me-time, even if it’s later in the evening. Listening to music, playing my instruments, scrolling on TikTok, reading a chapter of a book, or putting on one of my many comfort shows has allowed me to take a breath and recuperate, especially after a busy week. If 30 minutes is still too much time out of your day, try taking 10-15 minutes, even if it’s just to grab a cup of coffee! Taking care of yourself should be your number one priority at this age!

3. Create a set schedule

I’ll admit, this one is something I’m still working on, but having somewhat of a schedule everyday can make a huge difference. You don’t need to necessarily wake up at 6 a.m. every single day, but even planning out what you want to do each morning can help a lot. I’ve recently been planning out my day via what I have going on. I’ll make sure I’m up with enough time to get ready, eat, and relax before diving into my work or classes! I’ve also been picking out my outfits the night before – which not only saves time, but makes me feel a little bit more prepared. Life can be hard and we can get a little lost in the rush of things, so it’s good to have a slight plan for each day!

These are just a few small things I like to do so far! They’ve really helped me out in this first month of classes, so hopefully they help you out too!

Makenna Flores

Bowling Green '25

Makenna has a passion for writing and social media. You can catch her watching a show, keeping up with news including all things pop culture, or with a book in her hand. She believes in fighting for what is right and making sure important topics are coming into light.