This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

People’s favorite things tell you a lot about who they are and what they value in life. In order for you to get to know me better, I’d like to share some of my all time favorite things with you. 

1. Music 

I’ve always been really into the alternative rock genre, I grew up listening to Green Day and early Paramore, and those bands are still two of my favorites today. Some of my other current loves are the 1975, Panic! at the Disco, Tessa Violet, alt-j, Foster the People, Bad Suns, and John Bellion.

2. TV/Movies

I love Masterchef, probably because I’m not a very experienced cook myself. I also love crime documentaries on Netflix. I love Orange is the New Black, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Queer Eye, RuPaul’s Drag Race. I also adore Disney movies, Peter Pan being my favorite, and my favorite princesses are Tiana, Merida, and Rapunzel. I’m also a fan of Alfred Hitchcock, and anything with Julie Andrews in it. 

3. Clothes

I love classic style, with patterns and cuts that will never go out of style. You’ll often see me in a striped shirt, with dark blue jeans cuffed at the ankle (because I’m so short) with ankle boots. I tend to lean into the “hipster” style category, I love to wear my hair in messy curls, with half tied up by a scrunchie. I also love wearing skirts and dresses, tending to be in the neutrals or cool toned colors. 

4. Places 

I love to travel, to explore new places and try new things, and I especially love to do it with the people I love. My favorite places tend to be artistic (surprise surprise) but they also tend to be places that are great to share with a friend or loved one. I love art museums, concerts, going to see theatrical productions, something you can appreciate with a friend. I love coffee shops, where you can grab a yummy drink with someone you love and talk about life. And my most favorite place is sitting with friends, I’m usually sitting on the floor in front of the couch, and laughing late into the night with people I adore.

Lorna Patterson

Bowling Green '20

I’m a senior at BGSU majoring in musical theatre, and I’m originally from Columbus, OH.