Wellness > Sex + Relationships

A Psychological Guide for Bagging the Love of Your Life This Cuffing Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

I’m sure you guys know, we are in the midst of cuffing season right now. If you are looking for the perfect partner to spend the holiday season with then this guide is for you. With the perfect combination of intimacy, passion, and commitment you can psychologically find the love of your life (trust me, you don’t have to be delusional for this to work).

Intimacy

Being emotionally intimate with your partner will help your relationship thrive. Showing vulnerability and listening to your partner be vulnerable is one of the key things to a lasting relationship. It helps you guys understand each other at a more personal and deep level, sharing this kind of thing can definitely be scary so do it when both of you guys are ready. You will develop a deeper connection with each other since you guys are displaying true and raw emotions. Being honest about how you feel about certain things can help your relationship thrive because your partner will be more self-conscious to do things that won’t trigger you.

Passion

Having a sense of passion for your partner is everything in a relationship. It keeps everything so exciting and thrilling. Being excited about your partner will make you guys want to do fun things with each other, or even try new stuff. It’s just like the fireworks on the Fourth of July. Having this giddy feeling no matter what your partner does ensures that you won’t get bored anytime soon. Whether it is kicking your feet and giggling when seeing a picture of them or thinking it is the cutest thing when they look at you a certain way it’s not childish, it’s just simply love.

Commitment

DON’T be afraid of this word, it’s gonna be ok. It’s always good to have this talk with your partner so you guys are on the same page about it, just make sure you know if it’ll be a winter fling leading into a hot girl summer, or if you guys are the loves of your lives. If it’s the latter then here is how to keep going. Never talk about breaking up, just pretend it doesn’t exist, unless of course it is of serious issues. Then plan for each other when making future decisions. It is always good to have a plan for each other, plus if you keep talking about it then you’re basically manifesting it.

When following these three steps you are just that much closer to having the love of your life. Like I stated earlier, this isn’t delusion, just psychology!

Amber Orlandi

Bowling Green '27

I am a freshman majoring in Psychology. I love writing and pop culture. I also love shopping, music, and hanging out with friends. Some of my favorite artists include Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Sabrina Carpenter, Conan Gray, Gracie Abrams, and Reneé Rapp. My favorite colors are baby pink, sage green, and lavender.