Style > Beauty

5 Fall Inspired Beauty Trends You Need to Try

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

If you’re like me, you’re ready for fall. Gilmore Girls, sweaters, cold weather, it all just brings me a certain type of peace. The bright colors and loud music of summer is fading out, and the warm tones and Taylor Swift’s Folklore is starting to fade in. As an aesthetic-obsessed girl, and with Fall just starting, I am already seeing plenty of Fall beauty trends all over Tiktok and Pinterest, and I can’t wait to try them!

I’ve searched long and hard to find some professional opinions on this topic, from Hailey Beiber’s nail artist, to the models in New York fashion Week, I only want the best for you. Here is a compiled list of 5 Fall beauty trends you need to try!

1. Latte Makeup

I don’t know about you, but recently, my TikTok fyp has been flooded with Latte Makeup videos. If you haven’t heard, Latte Makeup is a bronzed makeup look that is inspired by, you guessed it, coffee. Different shades of brown come together to give you an alluring, tanned makeup look, and all the deep brown colors used in this look are perfect for Fall! The look was created by makeup artist Taniella Jai, but was coined “Latte Makeup” by TikToker Rachel Rigler. In my opinion, the star of the latte makeup show is the shimmery brown eye shadow. But, there other aspects to it too. Dewy base, creamy contour, chocolatey brown eyeliner, and a neutral but glossy lip. Even if you aren’t a big coffee drinker like me, this makeup look will make you feel stunning, glowy, and ready for Fall!

2. Cowgirl Copper Hair

The trending Fall hair color this year is a rustic, orangey color called “Cowgirl Copper”. I know what you’re thinking, dying your hair is a big commitment, and trust me, I know! But if you are someone who likes to frequently change up their hair, or you are looking for a big change, this could be perfect for you. It’s a deep chestnut color with brown undertones. This hair color gives off such a warm and rich Fall vibe, and while I don’t think I will personally be participating (I’m too scared to dye my hair), I think it is so beautiful.

3. Statement Lips

In my opinion, it feels like this trend is such a staple every Fall. Statement lips never go out of style and make you look so classy. A statement color could be a deep nude, brown, or my favorite, red. This year at New York Fashion week, red was everywhere, so there’s no doubt that it’s going to be popular this Fall. Red lips give you that classic Taylor Swift look, but also make you feel powerful and chic, so they are definitely something you should try!

4. Dark Nails

Cozy
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Hailey Beiber’s nail artist, Zola Ganzorigt, took to social media to share her predictions for Fall nail trends, and dark colored nails were at the top of her list. She said that dark reds, browns, and oranges are center stage this Fall. Want to achieve this trend? Some options that you can purchase are the color “Brown to Earth” by OPI, “Malaga Wine” by Nail Lacquer, or “Bed Rock and Roll” by Essie. If you are feeling like you want a little something extra, you can use these colors to create a french tip, or add a sheer sparkly polish over the top! 

5. NYC Inspired Fashion

Maybe I’m projecting, but I feel like I saw a lot of 90s-city-girl-fashion at New York Fashion Week. I’m saying that like I was there sitting front row, not laying in my bed watching it all through Tiktok. Regardless, this style is timeless, and it is perfect for Fall. Think “Friends” or “The Devil Wears Prada”. While you can interpret this trend in any way your heart desires, there are some staples you need to know. Boots, long coats, chunky jewelry, sunglasses, brown leather, and tight sweaters with low cut jeans are all a part of this easy to achieve look. Just like every other trend we’ve discussed, browns and rustic tones are important for this style. With any outfit, you could throw on a brown leather jacket and some boots, and you’ll feel just like Anne Hathaway!

Olivia Garver

Bowling Green '26

Olivia is a Communication major with a minor in Business at Bowling Green State University. She is a second year student, and along with being involved in HerCampus, she is also involved in communication and organizations and greek life.