This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.
Someone great

Someone Great follows best friends Jenny, Blair, and Erin as they navigate life after Jenny breaks up with her long-term boyfriend, Nate. The movie follows the three as they take a journey through New York City before Jenny moves across the country for her dream job.

Someone Great is the perfect post-breakup movie, or the perfect movie to watch with your girlfriends! It is a certified tearjerker, a movie that will really make you feel what the characters feel. This is one of my all-time favorites!

Love and basketball

Love and Basketball is about Monica and Quincy and their relationship throughout high school, college, and their adult lives. The movie follows the two as they navigate their relationship with each other, their parents, and their own lives.

Love and Basketball is one of my favorite romantic comedies. The movie portrays Monica and Quincy, and their relationship, perfectly. Being a teenager is hard, and being a young adult is even harder. I think the movie perfectly encapsulates what it is like to be young and in love.

Mean girls

Mean Girls introduces us to Cady, Regina, Karen, Gretchen, Janice, and Damien, the main characters of the movie. Cady is new to Evanston, moving from Africa during her high school years. She falls in with a group called The Plastics and we watch as Cady transforms from a nice, quiet girl to a mean, conniving girl within months.

Mean Girls is the PERFECT movie for a girl’s night! It’s funny, can get emotional, and is such a fun (but fake) representation of what high school is like for women.

How to lose a guy in 10 days

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is about magazine writer Andie Anderson and her relationship with Ben Barry. Andie was given an assignment at work: to drive a man away within 10 days for the perfect magazine article. The movie follows Ben and Andie’s relationship throughout the ten days and shows audiences what an unhealthy relationship looks like.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days is one of the best romantic comedies to ever exist. Andie Anderson is completely hilarious, Ben Barry is completely oblivious, and the side characters are great too! This movie perfectly portrays everything that women do wrong in relationships, but it’s a really good watch when you need a laugh!

Breakfast at tiffany’s

Breakfast at Tiffany’s is about Holly Golightly and her life as a woman in New York City. After a new man moves into her apartment building, Holly’s life begins to change, and she starts to question her past and present.

If you have a knack for older movies, this is the one for you. Breakfast at Tiffany’s is the perfect movie for anyone who loves the feeling of nostalgia. It can really take you back in time and make you feel exactly what the characters feel.

The fallout

The Fallout follows Vada and Mia as they go through life after a school shooting. They become great friends after the incident, coping together and trying to grieve the loss of their peers.

If you’re looking for a movie to make you feel all the feelings, this is definitely the one for you. The Fallout is funny, emotional, and the perfect representation of what life can feel like after a traumatic event. Vada and Mia are the perfect main characters for this story, showing real and raw emotion throughout the entire movie.

The wedding planner

The Wedding Planner is about wedding planner Mary Fiore and pediatric doctor Steve Edison. After an accident in the street, Mary and Steve meet and begin to have feelings for each other, only to find out that he is the groom of the wedding that she is planning. The movie follows the characters as they ride out their relationship and try to mash their feelings for each other down.

The Wedding Planner is hands down my favorite rom com of all time. The movie is perfect for when you feel like you’ve fallen for someone you shouldn’t, and it is also a great laugh if you’re in the mood for some giggles!

to all the boys I’ve loved before

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before tracks Lara Jean Covey and Peter Kavinsky. Peter wanted to make his ex-girlfriend jealous, and Lara Jean was trying to keep a secret, so they began a fake relationship that benefited both of them, only to find that they had were into each other.

This movie will definitely bring out your inner sixteen-year-old. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before really shows what it’s like to be a teenager trying to navigate life and love. This movie will definitely make you feel like you are back in high school trying to figure out your feelings towards someone.

don’t worry darling

Don’t Worry Darling is a psychological thriller that concentrates on characters Alice and Jack Chambers. Alice and Jack live a perfect life in a perfect suburban area, but when Alice suspects that something isn’t right, her and Jack’s relationship begins to get a little rocky.

This movie is an amazing psychological mystery. Don’t Worry Darling makes you think really hard about life in general and what would be perfect for you, and then makes you question everything you think you know. It is the perfect movie to try to dissect with your girlfriends!

Barbie

Barbie is about everyone’s favorite doll: Barbie. The movie takes audiences on an adventure with Barbie as she travels through Barbieland and the real world, learning valuable lessons along the way about life, love, and society.

Barbie is the ULTIMATE girl movie. This movie perfectly captures what being a woman in society feels like while also keeping a lighthearted tone. It is the greatest representation of society that I have seen in a long time, but it is also funny, heartwarming, and super empowering.

Delaney Mullen

Bowling Green '26

I am a sophomore studying Family Consumer Science Education at BGSU. I spend my free time listening to music, baking, reading, and hanging out with friends. I love all things Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, and Phoebe Bridgers!