This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

1.  Where are you from?
I’m from a north suburb of Chicago called Gurnee.

2. Which activities are you involved with on campus?
On campus I DJ as DJ Randy Nichols. I also work with SAVO, and in my free time I’ve been learning to play ice hockey on an IM team.

3. What is your favorite holiday?
I like Casimir Pulaski day. Never heard of it? In Chicago we get a day off because of some Polish guy, because we have billions of Polish people. Seriously though. 

4. What is your favorite song to listen to while you’re driving?
Never a favorite song, and it depends on my mood: usually anything with synth and bass and good beats, but on downtempo nights it’s Bon Iver, Epik High, or Death Cab for Cutie. Except on Fridays, which is when I listen to Friday. 

5. Would you rather go camping or skiing?
I’m a big fan of camping. My parents took me through the rockies of Canada and the U.S. and Yellowstone and Rushmore when I was a kid, and I love being “lost in the woods.” 

6. What is your favorite quote?
“Life has no meaning a priori. Before you live it, life is nothing, but it is for you to give it a meaning. Value is nothing other than this meaning which you choose.” – Jean-Paul Sartre

7. What’s your dream job?
My dream job is being a pediatric oncologist, though I have an open mind about where my path will lead me.

8. Which author would you want to write your biography?
Probably Oscar Wilde. He’s satirical and witty and ahead of his times, and the fact that he probably wouldn’t take writing a biography too seriously makes it all the better.

9. Did you collect anything as a kid?
Stickers. I loved stickers. Way too much. Also Poke’mon cards.

10. If you could be a presenter at the Grammys, who would you want to present with and who would you want to give the award to?
I would present with Kanye West, and I would give the award to Kanye West. I know that doesn’t make sense, but if you think about it, in some twisted way, it does. All of the awards to that man! 

Marissa is a senior at Bowdoin College, majoring in Government and minoring in English. She's interned with NPR, The Christian Science Monitor and ELLE.com. In her spare time she enjoys writing poetry, baking cupcakes, tweeting, and admiring the big dipper. She hopes to live in a lighthouse someday, with 27 cats and a good set of watercolors.