FITiST.com: Your Old Gym Doesn’t Stand a Chance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

If you exercise, you know the gym can be a bore. You’ve also probably noticed that your loyalty to the elliptical has stopped giving you the results you want (if it ever did). Well, if you’re in New York this summer, you’re in luck! Finally there is a solution to routine-induced boredom and the dreaded plateau effect: FITiST.com.

This summer, I am interning for FITiST. I write articles, blog, tweet, and test classes (yes, part of my job is working out). It’s an awesome job, but FITiST is also an awesome idea. As a college student and a workout fanatic, I’ve quickly become obsessed with it and I think other collegiate kids will love FITiST too.

FITiST is a membership-only online community that allows clients to access the best exercise classes, facilities, and experts in New York City. Partners include Flywheel spinning, Velocity Sports Performance (perfect for out-of-season athletes), and Aerospace. After you sign up, you can check out a range of plans/packages designed to cater to specific fitness goals. Whether you want to slim down or shape up for a triathlon, a marathon, or your wedding (or any big event involving a dress), FITiST has a plan for you. And, if you don’t see anything you like, you can customize your own plan with the help of staff experts.

Summer is the perfect time to focus on getting in shape and getting healthy before the chaos of another school year. With FITiST, you can sign up on a monthly-basis (perfect for summer interns in New York) and there are classes available in different areas of the city at all hours of the day. FITiST provides a totally revamped and personalized approach to working out. Not convinced? Allure includes FITiST on their list of “Top New Ways to Get Bikini-Ready” and Daily Candy tells readers to “Pop in before any more buttons pop off.”Get motivated, get fit this summer, and get back to school in shape with FITiST.

Sign up for a free membership and pick a plan at fitist.comand be sure to check out the Intern Diaries (part of THE EDiT) by yours truly!