Why You Souldn’t Skip Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

We all have a friend that will encourage us to skip class and have fun and a friend that will forever call you “skip” if you skip a class. Although it’s important to have fun, here’s why you shouldn’t skip your classes:

1. You’re Paying for It

Whether you are paying for your own college tuition or your parents are helping you pay for it, you are wasting somebody’s money if you don’t go.

2. Best Place to Meet New People

Are you a freshman and you want to meet new people? Or maybe you’re a senior but you like to have a go-to contact person for each class/ Well that requires you go to class and make the effort!

3. You’ll Miss Important Announcements

Professors tend to favor those who physically show up to their class. Since the professor has to be there every day, and doesn’t have the option to skip, they’ll announce all of the important stuff to those who come to class.

4. Your Attendance Grade is the Easiest ‘A’ You’ll Ever Get

Most, if not all of your professors, will have an attendance grade as a part of your final grade. It is the easiest grade you will ever get by simply getting out of bed and walking to your classroom. Like Nike says, just do it!

5. You Won’t Get to Know Your Professors

Your relationships with your professors are some of the most important! When you’re upperclassmen and are trying to land an internship or a girl-girl job, they can write you a recommendation and really help you get your foot in the door. They are a huge part of your network!

Hello, my name is Lauren and I'm a Junior Marketing major at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.  I enjoy taking hikes, traveling, playing with animals, checking the latest fashions, and scrolling through Pinterest while enjoying my morning coffee.  My favorite movie has always been A Cinderella Story, specifically the original one with Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray.  In my spare time I'm usually reading a romantic novel, hanging out with friends, watching Netflix, or eating peanut butter by the spoonful.  Hope you enjoy my posts!
Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!