Why You Should Go Through Spring Sorority Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Everyone knows the time of year. The time when there are girls chanting around campus and trying to get you to join their sorority because it is ‘by far the best sorority here’. You say you’re not the type of girl who would ever join a sorority, but why not? Here are just a few reasons you should look into going through Spring rush.

1. You meet so many new people, even if you end up not joining a sorority.

During rush you are put into a pool of between 150-300 girls that are there for the same reason as you, to see if they want to join. Some will and some won’t. By spending those few days with these people you form friendships whether you join the same organization, a different one, or none at all.

2. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT JUST ANY BID.

If you go through rush and end up not enjoying it or not wanting to become a member then you don’t have to. You can go through the process and then decide you want to drop and that is completely fine.

3. Your potential sorority wants you just as bad as you want them.

If you do decide there is a certain sorority you just have to be in, odds are if you make it through all of the rounds with them they want you just as badly as you want them.

4. It opens your eyes to so many new things.

Before going through rush, most people will admit it is not something they could see themselves doing because of all of the typical stereotypes associated with sororities, most of which are not true. By just trying it you will learn not all sororities are the same and not all of the women in them are the same- there really is a place for every type of person.

5. It’s a great resume builder.

Joining a sorority not only has GPA requirements but also mandatory community service, both of which will look amazing on your resumes for internships and potential employers.

6. They’re just a whole lot of fun.

Joining a sorority can be one of the most fun adventures you can partake in while in college. Between making friends all over campus in different organizations to finding a philanthropy you’re really interested and invested in, there is something for everyone and finding that niche is an amazing feeling.

Rush is only a week long, but sisterhood is forever. Come Spring semester, sign up for rush. You won’t regret it.

Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!