Tom Ciampoli, Fall ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

VITAL STATS:

Hometown: Dresher, Pa.
Major: English
Minor: Professional Writing

BASICS:

Campus Activities: I am the Editor-in-Chief of The Voice, Bloomsburg’s student-run newspaper. I just finished my last issue this past week and am happy to be turning it over to my good friend Gabby Veilhauer. I played intermural basketball a few years ago, but right now, I’m just trying to focus on my classes and life after graduation.
Favorite Band: R.E.M.
Favorite Movie:  It’s gotta be a tie between Goodfellas and Slacker
Favorite Food: Red grapes
Most Frequently Played Song on your iPod: Fire – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Favorite Class taken at Bloomsburg: British Modernism with Dr. Reilly, but I also really enjoyed my Cinema Appreciation class with Professor Santus.
Any classes you wish were offered? Pop culture trivia, so I could put some of the random knowledge that I have to use.
Favorite Spot on Campus: Those really old benches near the catwalk that the class of 1906 or something donated to campus. It’s made some of my night classes less miserable.
Favorite Spot Off-Campus: There’s a grass sort of field by the Geisinger hospital, my friends and I play football there on the weekends. Either that, or The Big Chill.
The App I Can’t Live Without: I’m really behind on technology, only have two apps on my phone. One is for fantasy football and the other is Angry Birds, so if I had to choose, I’d say Angry Birds.
General Interests: I love music, reading, playing sports and being outside. I like spending time with my friends and family.
Role Model: Quest Love, the drummer for The Roots, he’s an excellent drummer, which is an instrument that I’ve always wanted to pick up, but never had. And he has an encyclopedic knowledge for his instrument, which I’ve always respected.
If you could go back in time and change something… would you? No, there’s always a catch – it might eliminate something good that’s happened.

ROMANTIC RESUME:

Relationship Status: Single
What do you look for in a girl? Someone who is smart and genuinely cares about others. Someone that I can be myself around.
Biggest turn-off: Girls who don’t respect other people and are disingenuous.
Least favorite thing that girls wear: Anything with the word YOLO on it!
Least favorite thing that girls do/say: A high pitched, nasally, “OH MY GOD!” or “Wait what?!”
My first kiss was… awkward, but nice.
Celebrity Crush: Emma Stone and Amy Poehler, I like girls who can make me laugh.

BRAGGING RIGHTS:

Proudest Accomplishment: I would say being recognized for my writing and making it through college.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully married or in a relationship with someone that I really care about. I have no idea where I’ll be as far as location goes, but maybe somewhere warm. I’d like to be writing about something important and close to my heart.
3 words to describe yourself: Inquisitive, goofy, earnest

…ANY LAST WORDS?

“I’m not an authority on giving life advice by any means, but I believe that you should do what makes you happy, as long as you’re doing right by others. If you do that, I feel like the rest will turn out okay.”

Kaitlyn Andrey is a senior Mass Communications/Journalism major at Bloomsburg University. She is a member of the executive board and serves as one of the senior editors of BloomU's chapter of HerCampus. Kaitlyn is heavily involved with her national sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma, of which she has just concluded her term as Vice President. She keeps herself busy during the week working as the Opinion Section Editor of BU's student-run newspaper, "The Voice," and spends her weekends bartending at a sports bar in her hometown. Kaitlyn is bold and eccentric. She is passionate about her career, and can't wait to begin her journey in the field.