This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

With Halloween creeping up on us, here is a list of my top 5 shows and movies that always get me in the mood for spooky season!

1. American Horror Story

This one’s perfect for the person who loves to binge watch, but easily gets bored. Each season features a brand-new spooky storyline! My personal favorites are season one; Murder House, and season 3; Coven. This show is definitely graphic AF and known for twisted fantasies, but it is super intriguing. Whether it’s ghosts, witches, cults, freaks, or clowns, this series has something for everyone!

2. Coraline

Although this is rated PG, this stop-motion animated film is super creepy. Coraline moves into a new house and just keep herself occupied while her parents are busy doing work. As she counts the windows and doors in her new house, she finds a hidden door that leads to a parallel universe that holds many dark secrets. As she bounces back and forth between this sinister parallel universe, she fights to restore peace and lock the door portal for good. (Can you say BADASS????)

3. The Haunting of Hill House

This one had me sleeping with a night light on! The Haunting of Hill House follows siblings that grew up in the most haunted house in the country. Even after these siblings move away from the house, they still must face the recurring ghosts of their pasts.

4. Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

This new series puts a dark twist on the fan-favorite original “Sabrina the Teenage Witch.” In this new series, Sabrina struggles to balance her dual life as half-witch, half-mortal. Snuggle up on the couch and watch as Sabrina masters friendships, relationships, spells and demon praising.5. Bates Motel

No ghosts here, just a boy whose odd relationship with his mother lead to him becoming a serial killer. You know, the usual. Based on the 1960 film, Psycho, this TV series begins with Norman Bates and his mother creating “fresh start” which quickly takes a turn for the worse…This creepy motel is one that you do NOT want to be alone in.

After binge-watching all 5 of these mysterious movies and series, you will be fully ready to take on spooky season. Now, get those boots out, carve some pumpkins, drink apple cider, and binge, binge, binge!

Currently a senior at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, pursuing a bachelor's degree in business management. 
My name is Emily Andrusko and I am the Campus Correspondent here for the BloomU Chapter. I am a senior and a Marketing major at Bloomsburg University. I love eating chipotle burritos and binging FRIENDS! This club is perfect for you if you believe in inspiring young women!