This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Since I’m graduating this Saturday, I’m supposed to have some sort of wisdom to pass on, but unfortunately I can’t think of anything monumental. So here’s a few things I wish I would have known or done during my time at Bloomsburg.

1. The Andruss Library rents out laptops in exchange for BU ID! I have one final left in my Bloomsburg career—and NOW is when I find this laptop thing out. Buta heads up, you can’t leave the library with it; as in can’t use it in the Starbucks or Starbucks lounge connected to the library.

2. The friends you make in freshman year will either be your friends for life, or you’ll end up avoiding them and pretending you’ve never met your senior year.

3. Join clubs. People always tell you to do it and that it looks good for resumes—but seriously—JOIN THEM. They can actually help you network and gain knowledge for your future and/or just be a lot of fun! If you manage to find a club that does things you’re interested in, you may find a lot of good friends there, or simply like-minded people. It’s never too late to join a club.
  4. The Commons have the best waffles with toppings ever, everyday! The station is next to the sushi bar, where you pour your own batter into the waffle pan and it cooks based on a timer. You can add strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, and as much cool-whip as you can get on it! If you want to devour a few, although just one is the size of a plate, waffles are available Monday through Friday from 7:00-9:30am (too early I know) but on Saturday and Sunday they’re there from 10am to 2pm during brunch!

5. There is a senior 10 lbs. It may not be recognized, but there is weight put on because of the impending doom—I mean bountiful opportunities—that lurk just beyond graduation. Can I find a job? I don’t have a job! What do I really want to do? Where should I live? Will mom and dad kick me out of the basement? How am I going to pay back loans? AHHHHH. So, ever since senior year final semester, I’ve been eating foods and portions I shouldn’t. Besides comfort, the thinking is: this is the last semester I’ll eat here; this is the last semester I’ll get this; whatever, I’m a senior, I buy what I want. DON’T DO IT. Stop yourself, before your belt buckling once six notches deep, changes to a tighter 3 notches deep.

6. Senioritis strongly exists on a college level, and it will find you. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to school, but that made no difference; I fell regardless into the senioritis vortex. Motivation is non-existent and excuses are everywhere. Finals don’t even seem important. Many of my friends with GPAs high-enough, are merely shooting for low Bs or high Cs on exams. So girls, prepare yourselves. Senioritis does not discriminate and does not make exceptions. Maybe if you understand now what’s coming, it’ll give you a stronger fight. Good luck!