Organize Your Life: 5 of the Best Student Planners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Need a Planner?

I’m in love with planning. I plan each day down to the minute and I need an agenda that can keep up with my obsession. I have obviously purchased and used a ton of planners throughout the years, and some are way better than others. So, I’ve made a list of some of my faves if you’re looking for the perfect college girl planner the first time.

1. Erin Condren – Academic Planner ($37)

This planner has been my go-to for college because it has a lot of empty room to keep track of all my assignments. It is big enough to hold everything, while small enough to fit nicely in my backpack. There are loads of cover designs and personalization options to choose from. My favorite part of this planner is the empty to-do lists in each day in the weekly spread.

2. Recollections at Michaels – Spiral Planner ($29, on sale for $20.99)

This planner is the twin sister to the Erin Condren Planner, but it is slightly less expensive. Recollections is very similar in size and layout, but has different styles throughout its pages. One of its bonuses is that you can choose between vertical, horizontal, or hourly weekly spreads. My favorite part of this planner is the ability to DIY any options you want, since there aren’t as many pre-printed extras in the spreads.

3. The Happy Planner – Classic Student Planner ($27.99, on sale for $19.99)

This is a fan favorite of many of my friends. These planners are large and in charge. They are beautiful with a variety of colors and designs to choose from. It is also very customizable since you can move the pages and dividers around to your liking. My favorite part about these planners are their unique design and fun style. They are easily distinguishable from other planners due to its intense customization abilities and its brightly colored positive vibes.

4. Blue Sky at Target – 2019-2020 Planner, size: 8.5”x11” ($10.99, on sale for $7.69)

This was my planner for my senior year of high school, and I absolutely loved it. It is the size of a notebook, but slimmer and fits nicely into my stack of books (we weren’t allowed to carry backpacks). These planners come in so many aesthetically pleasing cover designs. My favorite thing about this planner is how much room there is write everything down in the large monthly spreads. It is also very inexpensive and lasts the entire year.

5. Five Star – Advance Academic Planner, size 5.5”x8.5” ($10.99, on sale for $7.69)

This planner is ready for anything a student could throw at it, despite its small size. I used this planner in high school as well and recommend it to anyone looking for a solid, inexpensive planner. Pretty basic in looks and spreads, but it always got the job done. If you’re someone who isn’t looking for anything big or fancy, but will last a long time, this one is perfect for you.

Sara DeSino

Bloom U '22

Sara is a sophomore Early Education major with a minor in Educational Technologies. She is the pit percussion section leader of the Bloomsburg University Marching Band and is also involved in the College of Education Learning Community, as well as being a part of Her Campus! On the weekends you'll often find her working as a percussion tech for a local high school's marching band or trying to catch up on some sleep.
My name is Emily Andrusko and I am the Campus Correspondent here for the BloomU Chapter. I am a senior and a Marketing major at Bloomsburg University. I love eating chipotle burritos and binging FRIENDS! This club is perfect for you if you believe in inspiring young women!