Meet Homecoming Court Candidates Justine Albright and Nick Ciambrone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Spirit Week begins with the 2013 Homecoming King and Queen Elections, starting today with the finalist selection. Vote for up to three kings and queens through 10 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 8. Vote online or in person at the Warren Student Services Center patio between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The top five candidates will be announced Wednesday, Oct. 9, leading up the final vote this week and winner unveiling at halftime of Saturday’s Homecoming game against Millersville University.

Before you vote, read all about the candidates featured on HCBloomU!

Justine Albright is a junior Digital Forensics and Mass Communications/Public Relations major and Nick Ciambrone is a junior Mid-level Education/Science major.

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?
Justine Albright: Community Assistant (CA) in Columbia Hall, Secretary of Community Government Association (CGA), Board of Governors Scholar (BOG), BUnow, A-Club

Nick Ciambrone: Community Assistant (CA) in Columbia Hall, Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU), International Justice Mission (IJM)

HC: What organization are you representing?
JA: We are both representing Columbia Hall. Our Community Assistant staff in Columbia decided to open voting to our residents of the building to give all Columbia residents the opportunity to be nominated by their peers. We set a box and slips of paper out on the front desk when you walk in the building so that residents could vote for their friends, neighbors, classmates, etc.

HC: Why should people vote for you as King and Queen?
JA: As a student leader, I dedicate a huge amount of time to improving the campus and college experience for students. Whether it’s through helping my residents, resolving student concerns brought to CGA, or planning events such as The Big Event and Meet the President, I am always busy doing things to benefit students and the community. It would be awesome if other students recognized that as well and voted for me for Homecoming!

NC: I am a positive role model for the university and knowledgable about our campus. I can provide a good representation of our university to others and will be able to serve a s a positive ambassador of Bloomsburg University. 

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.