Lucas Wade ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Lucas Wade ’14

Vital Stats:
Hometown: Lewisburg, PA
Major: Mass Communications, Public Relations Track
Minor: Geography

Basics:

Campus Activities: I’m the music director for WBUQ, which is the local radio station that’s run right here on campus out of McCormick. As music director, it’s my job to sample music and determine whether or not it’s something that fits our program and if it’ll be played on the air. I’m also a Dean’s List student.
Favorite Band: Dance Gavin Dance
Favorite Movie: Dazed and Confused
Favorite Food: Apple Crisp
Most Frequently Played Song on your iPod: Funeral Party – Where Did it Go Wrong?
Favorite Class taken at Bloomsburg: Video Productions 1 with Dr. Genovese
Any classes you wish were offered? Myths and Legends, that would be awesome!
Favorite Spot on Campus: Definitely the quad. It’s a nice, relaxing atmosphere and you can do just about anything you want there. People watching is the best… just don’t get caught. It’ll make you look creepy!
Favorite Spot Off Campus: Main Street for sure. There’s nothing like that college town, night-life feel that you get while walking down Main on a Friday night.
The App I Can’t Live Without: Shazaam
General Interests: Music is hands down the most important thing in my life. There’s almost never a time you can’t catch me with my headphones in or blasting tunes wherever I’m at. I’m always trying to share my love of music with others. I jam with my buddies in a band that we call “Kids With Kids,” whenever we all are free. I play the bass and do some vocals. Besides that, I like football, cars, clothes, living, loving, and laughing a lot.
Role Model: My mom is my role model because she raised me and my two sisters alone. She’s the least selfish person I have ever known… sweetest lady ever.
If you could go back in time and change something… would you? Maybe I would stop myself from creepin with the girl next door… It wasn’t me!

Ladies:

Relationship Status: Single
What do you look for in a girl? You know, pretty much what any guy would say… cute face, good personality, down to earth, a good body wouldn’t hurt!
Biggest turn-off: When a girl is stuck up, I can’t stand that.
Least favorite thing that girls wear: Hats
Least favorite thing that girls do/say: It seriously bugs me when girls complain about us guys, and then turn around and do the same exact thing… and expect us not to complain?! What’s up with that, ladies?!
My first kiss was… On the bus home from kindergarten in the back seat with the one that got away.
Celebrity Crush: Emma Stone or Ellie Goulding

Bragging Rights:

Proudest Accomplishment: This past summer, I got published for a story in Big Time City Rhythm and Blues Magazine about the Briggs Farm Blues Festival. It was the first time I’ve ever been published, so it was a really great feeling that was unlike anything I’ve experienced before. It was awesome.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself as a happy bachelor, living a successful life. The dream is to be livin the good life, working for a PR company in some big city just doin my thing! I wanna keep making music solo, playing my acoustic guitar and singing songs on the side.
3 words to describe yourself: Crazy, personable, fun

Any last words?
“Overall, I can talk to anyone at anytime and I just like to make people smile. I’m always down to have a good time and meet new people. I take chances and don’t look back. I’m a nerd at heart, but you wouldn’t know it by looking at me. Oh and I love skinny jeans.”

Kaitlyn Andrey is a senior Mass Communications/Journalism major at Bloomsburg University. She is a member of the executive board and serves as one of the senior editors of BloomU's chapter of HerCampus. Kaitlyn is heavily involved with her national sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma, of which she has just concluded her term as Vice President. She keeps herself busy during the week working as the Opinion Section Editor of BU's student-run newspaper, "The Voice," and spends her weekends bartending at a sports bar in her hometown. Kaitlyn is bold and eccentric. She is passionate about her career, and can't wait to begin her journey in the field.