Keeping Busy in the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Finally, the leaves are beginning to change and it’s officially acceptable to wear boots. If you havent already taken your Instagram picture of festive fall Starbucks cups or your perfectly shined riding boots in a mound of leaves, consider exploring these places right around Bloom to keep your fall entertaining and capture perfect selfies.

Rohrbach’s Farm

Located close to Bloomsburg University, in Catawissa, Rohrbach’s Farm not only offers the perfect fall scenery, but everything in between. Get lost in a corn maze, sling shot apples across a field, indulge in warm cider while picking the perfect pumpkin and perhaps end the day with a little wine tasting (for those that are twenty one!)

Old Forge’s Brewpub Annual Pumpkin Fest

Another quick drive from Bloomsburg University, Danville will kick off their Pumpkin Fest October 20-25 at Old Forge’s Brewing Company. With all things pumpkin including desserts, beer, and activities, you really can’t go wrong. Did someone say beer?

Halloween 5K

Have a little too much Halloween Candy? Join Bloomsburg Universities Exercise Science Club for a morning walk/run, starting at the Bloomsburg town park. Who wouldn’t want to dress up in their favorite costume and run the streets? Be sure to register: http://bloomsburgpa.org/events/halloween-5k-runwalk-sponsored-by-bloomsburg-university-exercise-science-club/

My name is Blaire Barnhart and I am a Speech Pathology and Audiology student at Bloomsburg University. However, I've always had a passion for all things fashion and writing, of course! As I make my mark at Bloomsburg I hope to inspire others through my posts.
Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!