How to Dress Up for Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

I am the first girl to throw on a t-shirt and sweatpants while rockin’ that messy bun. Ideal, right? The boys in college aren’t worth impressing, but what about dressing for your own personal benefit. The saying goes, “look good feel good.” I’m a true believer in this, even if my day is in shambles if I look good while my life is falling apart it makes it slightly more bearable. It takes the same amount of time to throw on a pair of light wash jeans as it does to throw on yoga pants. Therefore there should be no excuse.

Dressing relatively nice for class is easier than you think. Here’s a few helpful tips and ideas to get you motivated to try to dress to impress:

1. Rise and Shine – You don’t have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to look cute, but make sure to give yourself an extra moment to swipe on some mascara in the morning. An extra ten minutes in the morning won’t kill you and it might even give you some time to grab your coffee that you’re craving. I guarantee you’ll feel better on campus knowing you didn’t roll out of your bed with ten minutes to spare.

2. Chillin with no Makeup on– You don’t have to go all out, but a foundation base with some mascara will really make all the difference. Contouring is the new talk of the town, but it’s unnecessary for a few hours on campus. Save that for the freakin weekend.with your girls. Although with a foundation base, you will feel that fresh glow and have a little extra pop to your eyes. No dark circles to give away your lack of sleep from the night before.

3. Everyday Glam – We all have some version of jewelry that we wear on a regular basis. A basic necklace with a kick-ass ring and a bracelet can dress up any outfit. You can easily put a pair of basic diamond studs on that will brighten up your face. A cute necklace that has meaning to you is always a good go-to. It’s simple yet classy.

4. Sweater Weather – When it’s cold outside your cute outfit may be under a bundle of layers, but you won’t be in that heavy coat all day long. A cute grandpa sweater will have the benefits of keeping you warm and comfortable while making you look fancier than an oversized t-shirt. Don’t let the cold affect your outfit choice.

5. Spring Fever – Even though your walk to class is all uphill and you might break a little sweat it’s better in a cute outfit than in baggy shorts. A v-neck is always a good grab once the weather starts warming up. You can pair it with jean shorts and a cute pair of sandals. This is a classic look, but will catch that cuties eye.

Whatever your style is, learn to love your body and nourish yourself by dressing like you’re on top of the world. We all have our lazy days, but putting in an extra effort can make all the difference in your outlook and attitude.

Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!