HC Reviews: “Drinking Buddies”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Any movie with Olivia Wilde and Anna Kendrick in it is going to be amazing… right? RIGHT! Drinking Buddies was a great movie about two coworkers, Luke (Jake Johnson, New Girl) and Kate (Olivia Wilde, TRON: Legacy) who make beer and flirt at work, but are also both in relationships. The drama heats up throughout the movie and so do the relationships.

The movie starts off at a beer factory in Chicago where Luke and Kate work and within a few scenes, you start to get a feel for the characters. Kate is witty, kind, and maybe a little confused just like the rest of us. Luke seems to be a bit surer of his relationship, but if he really were, there would be no movie, right?

Luke and Kate bring you into their world and invite you to think whatever you want. The movie does not hold anything back and shows what it is really like for two friends who may or may not be in relationships with the wrong people. By the end, you feel for both Kate and Luke and want something for them that you might not have at the start of the movie.

This movie is a must see – not just recommended by this collegiate, but Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 79%. Drinking Buddies is a funny movie filled with heartfelt moments and crude humor. See it with the girls or take your boyfriend to see it, everyone is going to enjoy this movie.

Aislinn is a graduate Public Relations student at Hofstra University. When she isn’t in class, she is working with the Hofstra University Writing Center, doing PR for Her Campus, and working at the Hofstra University Center for Academic Excellence. Her interests range from Harry Potter and chilling on the beach to gender equality and writing pedagogy.