HC BloomU Writer Melissa Trabbold ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Hometown: Downingtown, Pa.
Major: Mass Communications- Journalism

Minor: Professional Writing

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

HerCampus: Besides HerCampus, what else are you involved in here at Bloomsburg University?

Melissa Trabbold: I’m an associate member of the Best Buddies Bloomsburg chapter, which is a really awesome organization to be a part of. I’m an active contributor for The Voice’s feature section, and also sometimes contribute pieces to BUNow.  I was a member of BU Dance Ensemble’s Acro team up to this year, as well.

HC: What has been your favorite experience as a student at BU?
MT: I think overall, I’ve really appreciated living on my own. I’ve had great roommates all four years, and have made some great friends that I know I’ll have forever. I also feel like I’ve learned so much about life in general just by being on my own and not having my mom to depend on for silly things.

HC: Who would you consider your role model?

MT: I’d have to say my Grandad. I have so much respect for that man, and feel so lucky to have someone like him in my life. He has made me see life so much clearer, just by how hard working and generous he is. There is never a day when he is in a bad mood.

HC: What is your favorite thing about HerCampus, both as a contributor and a consumer?

MT: As a contributor, I love coming up with creative ideas to share with the primary audience of females. It’s fun and I can relate so much to what I’m writing about! As a consumer, I love how I am always interested in every post I come across. It definitely keeps me entertained.

HC: What is one thing you hope to do before graduation?

MT: I would definitely like to take a day trip to Knobbles! I’ve never been there, and feel it’s appropriate to make my visit while I’m in Bloom.

HC: What is your favorite class that you’ve taken at Bloom?
MT: Language Social Interaction. It was extremely interesting.

HC: Any classes you wish they’d offer?

MT: I wish they had more publication classes, like magazine-focused.

HC: What has been your proudest accomplishment over the past four years?
MT: I think just seeing how much I’ve grown and matured throughout college has made me the most proud. I’ve really learned a lot about myself and who I want to become.

HC: Where do you see yourself after graduation?

MT: I see myself working in some type of editorial position in Philly and commuting there from home until I can afford to buy my own apartment!

HC: How about in 10 years?
MT: Having a steady job that I love… maybe working my way up to an Editorial position for a big publishing company. I also hope to have a cute apartment and to be engaged :)

HC: What is the biggest non-academic lesson you’ve learned while here at BU?

MT: To not care what other people think about you, and just “do you” no matter what!

Favorite…

Spot on-campus?
The benches around the fountain

Spot off-campus? The park

Place to eat off campus? Marley’s

Quote? “Comparison is the thief of all joy.”

Kaitlyn Andrey is a senior Mass Communications/Journalism major at Bloomsburg University. She is a member of the executive board and serves as one of the senior editors of BloomU's chapter of HerCampus. Kaitlyn is heavily involved with her national sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma, of which she has just concluded her term as Vice President. She keeps herself busy during the week working as the Opinion Section Editor of BU's student-run newspaper, "The Voice," and spends her weekends bartending at a sports bar in her hometown. Kaitlyn is bold and eccentric. She is passionate about her career, and can't wait to begin her journey in the field.