HC BloomU Writer Aislinn Murphy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Aislinn Murphy ’13

Graduation Date: December 2013
Major: English
Minor: Professional Writing
Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: Where did you grow up?
Aislinn Murphy: I grew up in New York but moved to Carlisle, PA for high school and am currently living there still.

HC: Where do you want to live after graduation?
AM: I love New York but I am looking to move to the D.C. metro area in the near future (hoping that there is a job that I can live in D.C. off of…)

HC: What is your favorite thing about Her Campus?
AM: One of my favorite things about HerCampus is the diversity. I love how the content varies so much from being serious to something to get your mind off of class and work. I also love that it is written from a girl’s perspective. I can relate to the material and enjoy reading it; sometimes it is nice knowing that I am not the only one who feels a certain way!

HC: What are your hopes for the future?
AM: I have a lot of dreams and hopes for my future. Since I am graduating soon, this has all been on my mind a lot! After graduation I’m probably going to move back home and look for jobs in the Carlisle (Harrisburg) area or the Virginia (D.C. metro) area. I would really love to do some kind of civic engagement work or advocacy work. I love learning about and interacting with people from other cultures. I hope to get accepted into the Peace Corps to teach English and travel. I love engaging others with language and getting them excited about reading and writing.

HC: What do you want to do before graduation?
AM: Eat at Bloomin’ Bagel…again. I also want to get an A in my Intercultural Communications class and Medieval Literature class.

HC: What else are you involved in besides HerCampus?
AM: I am involved in the English Honors Fraternity Sigma Tau Delta. We try to do community service and get together to discuss books and literature of any kind. I also work at the Writing Center and love working with international students. Along with all of that, I can mostly be seen on campus working at the Starbucks in the library.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?
AM: I am addicted to Supernatural and the band The Script. My celebrity crush would have to either be Jensen Ackles or Danny O’Donoghue. I saw The Script in concert last year and Danny sang in the row next to mine…It was pretty amazing!