Five Amazing Moments from Miley Cyrus Unplugged

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Things got weird this past Wednesday when Miley Cyrus hit the stage for her MTV Unplugged special. The 21 year-old singer has been turning heads since 2013, and well, she just can’t stop! In case you missed it, here are five of the most amazing moments that happened throughout the show.

1. Her country roots were a showin’!

The Nashville native really connected with her southern roots Wednesday night telling the audience, “I don’t know if you guys know this or not, but I’m from Nashville, and since I couldn’t make all of you guys go back home with me, I tried to bring Nashville here for tonight.” She threw out a couple of yee-haws, started a hoedown chant, and had hay stacks and a big brown horse dancing its tail off on stage. Go Milez!

2. She had a costume change….for an hour-long show!

Miley kicked off her set sporting a checkered-tablecloth jumpsuit and a blonde wig. Classic right? The pop star was struttin’ her stuff when she told the audience, “My wigs about the fall off, I’m having too much fun up here.” Well not too long after that, she made her way backstage for a costume change. She reemerged wearing a bikini top with a sparkly tattered jean jacket and a pair of pants to match. Flawless!

3. She twerked on and rode the horse!

As if having the foe horse on stage wasn’t enough, MC took things to a whole different level when she not only twerked on the big furry guy, but also rode it around the stage! Gitty up y’all!      

4. She made it about the music.

MTV Unplugged specials generally focus on the music of the artist, highlighting their true ability to sing. While Cyrus opened the show with antics that made it feel more like a concert, she made it a point to make it all about the music. “The core of what I do is music,” she tells her audience. The rest of the night really showcased her singing as she performed her new single, “Adore You,” a different rendition of “Rooting for My Baby,” and the emotional, “Drive.”

5. MADONNA!

The focal point of the night was of course Miley, but we all know we couldn’t wait for Madonna! The collaboration of all collaborations was highly anticipated throughout the entire night, and when Madonna appeared from the audience, it lived up to all it was hoped to be! M & M performed a mash-up of  “Don’t Tell Me,” and “We Can’t Stop,” and they killed it! The two artists shared the stage giving a sexual performance filled with booty smacking, grinding, and of course, tongue wagging. Oh, what a night!