This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Your room is a place where you can freely express yourself and a really great way of doing that is by adding wall decorations! Since it’s not always in the budget to purchase all of the decorations we want, DIY projects are definitely the way to go. So here are two of my favorite DIY wall art ideas that are not only easy and fun to make, but are also super cheap.

1. Glue ArtA really creative and unique new twist on the usual painted word art!

You’ll need:

• Any size canvas or poster board
  • Spray paint
  • Liquid glue

First you will want to spray paint whatever material you are using as your canvas (whatever color you want!). I think the look of the white spray paint looks awesome with this one. Once dry, simply draw any design or a quote in the glue, wait for it to dry, and then go over it with the same color spray paint a second time, and you’re done! You now have a totally unique work of art to spruce up any wall. If you want to add a little something more, you can throw on things like glitter, buttons, or flowers.

2. Chalkboard Clipboard

Fun, functional, and versatile. Something different than your everyday white board, and you can even use it to clip up any important reminders, bonus!

You’ll need:

• A clipboard (any shape or size)
  • Chalkboard paint
  • Ribbons, buttons, or any other of your favorite decorating pieces!

Lay your clipboard on some newspapers to prevent any unwanted paint splatter. Tape off where you want the chalkboard section to end for a clean smooth line, and then paint away! Wait for the paint to dry before adding on your decorations. I glued a ribbon across the edge of the chalkboard line, and added some buttons that matched my room colors. It’s so easy to do, and there are so many different ways you can make it your own.

Happy crafting, HCxo!