DIY: Starbucks Passion Tea Lemonade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Getting back to school means new lessons, new memories and new expenses. Here at Bloomsburg we all know how crazy the lines at Starbucks can get (freshman, you will quickly learn). As much as we all love Starbucks, we also know that their prices can be a little ridiculous. Regardless of their prices however, we all seem to keep going back for more. But what if there was a way to get your favorite Starbucks drinks at a lower, more reasonable price? BE YOUR OWN BARISTA! There are many different websites where you can get the recipes for your favorite Starbucks drinks. One of my favorites is the Passion Tea Lemonade. Hopefully, this easy DIY solution inspires you to Google or investigate on Pinterest to find your other favorites.

All you need is:

• Tazo iced passion tea
  • Lemonade
  • A large pitcher

I prefer to use Tazo iced passion tea because Tazo is the brand that Starbucks uses. For lemonade you can use any but I like to use Minute Maid light because it’s low in calories. I suggest using a 32 oz pitcher if you have one available, though any will do.

Directions:

1.      Bring water to a boil  (enough water to fill your pitcher)

2.      Pour the boiling water over the filterbag in your pitcher until it is full

3.      Let it steep for five minutes and then remove the bag

4.      Refrigerate the pitcher

5.      To serve, fill a glass with half passion tea and half lemonade

ENJOY!

P.S. – If you get a gift card from Starbucks, make sure you register it online so you are eligible for rewards! Who doesn’t love free drinks?