Danielle Kelley ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Danielle Kelley, ’14

Hometown: Allentown, Pa.
Major: Early Childhood/Special Education
Year: Senior
Relationship Status: In a relationship
Go-to App: Instagram
Celebrity Crush: Aaron Paul

Her Campus: What extra-curricular activities are you involved with at Bloomsburg University?
Danielle Kelley: For the past four years I’ve been involved in Best Buddies. I am currently an associate member and I get to interact with some very amazing people. It is a very special and worthwhile club here at Bloomsburg and I feel very lucky to be a part of it.

HC: What have you gotten out of college that has really had an effect on you?
DK: Throughout my college experience, I have really gained independence. I’ve learned to live on my own and face problems myself. I’ve also formed friendships here that I know are going to last forever. Going away to school has definitely been one of the best experiences of my life.

HC: What do you like most about your dual major?
DK: I love that I will be able to teach children with disabilities. It is one of the most rewarding feelings knowing that I am able to help them and promote their learning. I hope to make an impact on these children because I already know they will have a huge impact on me.

HC: What was your favorite year (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) and why?
DK: It’s so hard to choose a favorite year because each year has been so different, but they all have been so much fun. If I had to choose, I would have to say sophomore was my favorite year because this is when I first got my own apartment and made so many great friends.

HC: How have you transformed since freshman year until now, as a senior?
DK: I am more mature and take things much more seriously. I am more confident in my decisions and myself as a future teacher.

HC: What has been your proudest accomplishment over the past four years as a BU student?
DK: I would have to say my proudest accomplishment is making the Dean’s List every semester since I have been here. I work really hard in my academics and I take pride in the fact that all that hard work pays off.

HC: What are you going to miss most about being at BU?
DK: I am definitely going to miss living with my best friends. It’s so much fun having my own apartment with girls that I am so close with. It’s going to be very sad leaving them.

HC: What advice do you have for incoming freshman?
DK: Although going away to school may seem overwhelming, people aren’t lying when they say it’s the best years of your life. Step out of your comfort zone and try new things, BU has incredible clubs and organizations you can become involved in! Ultimately, stay focused on yourself and achieving your goals.

HC: Who would you consider your role model?
DK: My role model is definitely my grandmother. She has always supported every one of my decisions and helps me in every way she can. Her selflessness toward others is definitely a quality I strive to have.  

HC: Where do you see yourself after graduation?
DK: After graduation I see myself teaching, hopefully 2nd grade, but I am unsure of where. I would definitely like to move to a different area to start my teaching career.