A Collegiette’s Holiday Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

It’s no secret that most college students are on a budget. But you don’t have to spend a fortune during the holidays to treat your friends. Here are some budget-friendly gift ideas for your special someone or BFF!

For him:The movie lover

This is the perfect gift for your guy if he loves going to the movies. All you need is his favorite candy, popcorn and some movie tickets!

The sports fanatic

If your guy has a favorite sports team, why not take him to a game? You can usually find inexpensive tickets to a pro game on StubHub or through other ticket agencies, but if not, a non pro team is a great alternative.

The romantic

Ice skating can be a lot of fun, especially this time of year! Taking your guy on a trip to NYC for the day and ice skating at the Rockefeller Center makes for the perfect winter date. If you can’t get to New York, try a local ice skating rink followed by hot chocolate instead!

For your BFF:The coffee lover

If your bestie loves her coffee, she’s going to love you for this. Go out and pick up a cute mug and fill it with candies or a gift card to her favorite coffee shop! Feeling creative? Take it a step further and decorate your own mug to make it personal!

The bookworm

For the girl that loves to get lost in a good book, try picking up your bestie a good read. Books tend to be inexpensive and are perfect for anyone on a budget!

The trendsetter

This railroad spiked cuff from Giles and Brother is the perfect pick for the fashion forward friend. Leave it classic or engrave it for a more personalized touch!

Currently a student at Bloomsburg University studying marketing Fashion is my love, heart, and soul. Lipstick is a close second. Dream: Move to NYC and work at a fashion pr firm.    
Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.