Catching Up With Some Familiar Commons Employees

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Most, if not all, of us have dined at the Scranton Commons during our BU career. I spoke to a handful of people that we pass on a daily basis but don’t always interact with including Robin, Rosena, and student worker Anthony. 

Her Campus: What do your cooking experiences consist of?

Robin: I started out by cooking at a restaurant in high school. That led into working at PPL for years after graduating from Bloomsburg University and now I am employed at the Commons and back at the University.

Anthony: On a daily basis I deal with serving more than cooking. However, at home I cook every once in awhile, especially pasta.

Anthony

HC: Do you generally work at a specific station and if so what does that entail?

Rosena: In the mornings I prepare the breads and soups. I make sure that the muffins are fully mixed and then are ready to bake. During the afternoon/dinner shift I work in the dessert station. I am in charge of choosing all of the ice cream flavors as well as then creating them.

Robin: I normally work at Center Stage on a daily basis. This consists of making sure that all of the food is prepared correctly so that it is properly ready for me to serve the students our entrée of the day.

Robin

HC: Most interesting memory while working at the Commons?

Anthony: Witnessing a student walk in the Commons from Starbucks and throw up on one of the tables.

Robin: One year on my birthday some students surprised me by making me a birthday card and giving it to me as I was working.

HC: Feedback from interacting with BloomU Students?

Rosena: I love talking to and getting to know as many students as possible. I am really impressed how the wide majority of the students are polite and kind whenever I talk with them.

Robin: Interacting with the students brings back memories of when I was a student here. Except at that time commuters were not able to eat in the Commons so it is much different now.

Rosena

Hello readers,     My name is Amanda Kesselring, but I prefer to be addressed as Kess. I am a Sophomore at Bloomsburg University pursing a Psychology Major, Concentration in Gerontology as well as a Spanish Minor. You can find me all throughout campus involved in a ton of activities and organizations such as being a Cadet in Bloomsburg's Army ROTC program, working as a Community Assistant in Schuylkill Hall, Planning events for the Developing Ambitious Students Leaders senior planning committee, writing articles for Her Campus Bloom U and of course studying for class. I love Bloomsburg University and will continue to make the most of my time here leading up to graduation. I strive to make the most out of life and seize all of the opportunities that I obtain. "The most important shot isn't the one you just made or will make next, rather it is the one that you have been preparing for."-Kess
Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.