Campus Style Blog: Danielle Columbo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

How would you describe your fashion?

I definitely think my fashion is slightly self-made. I keep up with the current trends and look through fashion magazines for ideas but my fashion isn’t always updated because it can get a little pricey. I definitely think I have a good eye for fashion and a good intuition on what looks good.

What main stores do you shop at?

I mainly shop at Forever 21 and TJMaxx. I pop into others store but these are the two stores I mostly shop from.

Does anyone inspire your fashion?

No one in particular, but I would say the people I’m around. I’m always looking around campus and seeing what everyone is wearing and saying “oh, I like that”. Seeing others peoples fashions gives me new ideas for mine.

Are you open to new trends or stick to one fashion?

I’m open to new trends. My style is always changing and I love adding new things to my wardrobe.  

What’s a trend that you haven’t tired yet that you are dying to try?

I always wanted to try a Maxi skirt. I haven’t tried one yet because I haven’t bought one and I feel like it wouldn’t work with my height.  A more edgy trend I’ve been dying to try is the combat boots.  I’m unsure of how they’ll look and every time I see them I always question if they’re in still style.

If you could give one piece of fashion advice to fellow collegiettes, what would it be?

Be confident. No matter how corky the outfit is, be confident.  Be happy in what you wear. 

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.