10 Instagram Photos All BU Girls Post

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

“Go like my Instagram!”

These four words are the ones I hear yelled through my apartment walls on a consistent basis. Instagram is every girl’s favorite social media app on any smartpgone. When a girl gets bored in class the first thing she does is scroll through her Instagram feed to see what has been uploaded in the past five minutes since she last checked. Let’s be honest if you break one hundred likes you feel like you’re the hottest thing on campus that day. Nowadays girl post an Instagram at least three times a week, because there is an unwritten rule about not posting more than once a day or being too excessive with the picture posting…

Let’s cut to the chase though. There are at least 10 photos that every Bloomsburg girl posts on Instagram at some point…

StarbucksThe caption reads something along the lines of “Long week, coffee is the only thing getting me through” with the laptop in the background so it looks as if we’re getting work done, but instead we keep checking how many likes we get on Instagram.

SelfieAny girl is guilty of this, because if we look good for class we want to prove to the world that we could try if we wanted too. Do you really look nice unless you take a picture?

Birthday CollagesIt’s one of your many friends birthdays, of course you post a collage! This is the time where it’s okay to post all those blackmail photos you’ve been saving up for the year. She might hate you for it, but you do it anyway.

New NailsNow that you actually have a couple extra bucks to spend you most definitely have to post a photo to show them off. Their super sleek and looking on point so you know all your followers will throw you a like.

Sunsets“Bloomsburg is so beautiful” with the view from the library being the main backdrop, considering yet again Instagram is a girls biggest distraction from school work.

Girls Night OutIt’s the freakin weekend and you girls are about to have some fun. Some dumb college boy pissed you off so you have to show off how hot you look going out with your girls.

Bath Tub and WineIt’s been a long week so you decide to relax with a glass of your favorite wine and a hot bath, but you also want to rack up the likes so you can’t relax without posting the picture first.

QuotesYou’ve had a bad day so you want some kind words from others to make you feel better. You check out Pinterest to see what quote suites you mood and to show the world how you’re feeling you post it on Instagram.

FlowersFinally spring has arrived! You’ve been cooped up in your apartment way to long. Now that flowers are blooming you take the time to grab a snapshot of that to show all your followers.

#MCMLast but not least, the worst of them all for all the single girls out there. The cuteness of your friends relationships makes you want to vomit, but yet you throw them a like anyway even though you secretly wish it was your relationship you were posting about.  

The list could go on, but these are the top 10 posts I see the most of any Bloomsburg girl. If you’re guilty, don’t worry, it’s okay. We’ve all done it.

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.