This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Birmingham chapter.

Being on a tight student budget is never fun when it comes to updating your wardrobe for the next season. Especially when it comes to spring/ summer, when you can no longer hide that hideous jumper you’ve owned for way to long under a deceptive coat! This article is going to give you a little guide to the must have investment this season – the co ord.

Firstly…ASOS pastel blue blazer and shorts (£45 and £25)

Purchasing a pastel co ord meets two of the seasonal trends at once! Plus…pastel statement items are so versatile to pair with other colours! With this co ord you could ass some silver brogues and a silky cami from Topshop!

Next up is Topshop’s Polka Dot shorts and blazer (£35 and £58)

Pair this 2 piece with tanned legs and chunky sandals – a perfect outfit for lunch dates with old friends!

Finally Miss Guided’s matching skirt and crop top (both £9.99)

Miss Guided is an ideal website to find fashionable pieces at more affordable pieces than the much loved Topshop.  This patterned co ord could be taken from a student night out, to a summer festival, to your summer holiday! It’s a piece you can definitely get a lot of wear out of – and a lot of compliments! For night out wear it would be great to pair some purple or blue heels to pick out the tones in the pieces.