This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Birmingham chapter.

It was thrust down the Spring Summer 2013 runways, it’s been all over the pages of our favourite magazines, fashion enthusiasts say hello to radiant orchid or more simply, purple! Pantone (the worlds leading authority on colour since 2000) has declared that 2014 will see this fun and vibrant shade invade our high-street and, whether you chose to embrace this to the max like Kelly Osbourne or opt for a more subtle gesture, you can be sure that it will have you looking fabulously fresh all year round.

Revealed as ‘an invitation to Innovation’, this purple-pink tone demands all you style junkies out there put your creative hats on and not just with what you wear.

It doesn’t matter if you are the girly girl shrieking with excitement to absorb every possible shade of purple into one outfit (right down to your socks!) or if you are the one to play it cool, going for that subtle feel, there is something for everyone – anything goes! 

If, like me, purple is soon be your 2014 thing, then here are a few of my current high-street favourites that are sure to get you started on your quest to invest. 

ASOS, now £16

Misguided, £24.99

ASOS, £55

River Island, £15

Topshop, £45