Top 5 Superfoods to Boost Your Energy! (+ Bonus Recipe)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Here’s some of the best superfoods to boost your energy and keep you on your game!

1) Plant-based Source of Iron – Iron deficiency causes fatigue and can impair your physical and mental endurance. Iron also helps with delivering oxygen to your cells and deficiency in iron can decrease immunity. Get your fill of iron through lentils, beans, spinach, and sesame seeds!

Pictured above is a warm lentil salad with bits of pork mixed in.

2) Salmon – Salmon is a great source of energy because it contains tons of essential omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids enhance your brain, circulation, and energy production! It’s also a heart healthy food!

3) Banana – Bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins. They have a ton of vitamins and carbohydrates that will give you the fuel you need in your day!

Recipe for banana pudding ice cream (in the picture above), if you don’t like raw bananas, is here.

4) Eggs – Eggs are a great source of iron and protein. They are rich in vitamin B as well and provide an abundance of energy!

5) Kale – Kale is one of the best superfoods out there. It has an abundance of vitamins and minerals like copper, potassium, iron, and phosphorus. Make sure to cook this vegetable as opposed to eating it raw, because it’s easier to digest when cooked. Definitely try to incorporate some kale in your meals for a boost of energy!

Danjeh Haeri

Binghamton

Binghamton Contributor