State Street: The Do’s and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Do: Be social and don’t be afraid to meet new people

Don’t: Be on your phone the entire time (unless you’re snapping pictures for Instagram or meeting up with a friend)

Do: Have an emergency 10 dollar bill somewhere for a cab on those nights you spend too much on cover charges and Pasqual’s

Don’t: Carry your whole wallet (only bring the essentials that way if your wallet is lost or stolen, you don’t have to reactivate all your debit/credit cards and you don’t loose your fro-yo stamp cards)

Do: Use the buddy system

Don’t: Don’t go anywhere without telling a friend where you are going (if you do decide you can go somewhere alone, which is unadvisable)

Do: Look out for your friends

Don’t: Leave a friend alone

Do: Bring a hair tie in case dancing has you working up a sweat

Don’t: Wear so many layers (you’ll be way overheated wherever you are!)

Do: Photobomb

Don’t: Take millions of selfies in public (that’s what your room is for)

Do: Wear comfy booties or heels

Don’t: Go out in never worn shoes (no matter how cute they are)

Do: Wear what makes you feel comfortable

Don’t: Hate on others for what they are wearing

Do: Don’t forget to have fun J

Don’t: Let someone else ruin your night, key word: YOUR (it’s your night so own it)

P.S.: Thanks to all those that contributed to this article, you know who you are :)

Caitlin is from Long Island, New York and is a sophomore. She is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Health and Wellness Studies at Binghamton University. Caitlin loves make-up and gets her inspiration from Allure and Glamour magazine. She loves living a healthy lifestyle and contributes her passion for health to her mother. She is excited to be apart of the Her Campus team.