This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Besides the beautiful cathedrals, delicious cuisine and impeccable style, what’s the best part of

Florence? In case you couldn’t guess, it would have to be the nightlife.

No drinking age.

Let me repeat that, no drinking age.

Say goodbye to fakes, pass backs and making your older friends go to the liquor store for you. In a place where drinking is heavily incorporated in the culture and wine is cheaper than water, suffice it to say, you are always in for a fun night.

There is basically a club assigned for each night of the week — kind of like JT’s Tuesdays (before it was just JT’s every night) — and there are promoters that’ll help you escape the cover charges and even hook you up with VIP status. Being an American girl and flirting with the promoters is a lethal combination. One night they even opened a tab for us and had a large man, nicknamed “Zoo” (don’t ask him, it’s a long story), escort us in and watch our bags. I wish I could get that celeb status back in Binghamton, then again, I’d be happy if I could even bring my coat downtown in the 40-degree weather. 

Anyways, some of the places are super clubby – house music, strobe lights, fog machines and the whole shabang. Those nights are always a great time; you just have to avoid being groped by sweaty Italians. There are also Americanized bars that have beer pong tourneys and are filled by other study abroad students.

Living in Europe, free of any responsibilities or age restrictions, it’s easy to go out almost every night and have a great time. Unlike your typical scene at school – whether that is frat parties, State Street, mixers, or chilling on campus, every night here is unpredictable and filled with new people and stories.

And did I mention we partied with LMFAO the other night?

I’m in Firenze, b***h. 

Carmen Rey

Binghamton

Born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1991, Carmen Rey moved to Akron, Ohio as a kid and attended Our Lady of the Elms High School, a small all-girls high school in Akron. After graduating with a class of 28, Carmen attended Kent State University for a year before doing the National Student Exchange program to Binghamton University where she transferred the following year. While at Binghamton, she found a place at the Binghamton Her Campus Branch as a contributing writer. The following year she became Profiles Editor and spent a semester studying abroad in London through Binghamton University's Semester-in-London program. Now she's a senior and the Campus Correspondent of the Binghamton University Branch, majoring in English Literature and Rhetoric as well as blogging on BU's admissions blog.