How To: Look Cute and Stay Warm Downtown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

With the weather starting to inevitably turn chillier, our desire and hype to go out downtown are thus dwindling. However, on the occasion that we are up for a fun and memorable night out, we are likely going to have trouble deciding what to wear. Have no fear-here are some ways you can be comfortable and not freezing and still look super cute!:

1. Dress in layers

Bringing a sweater, cardigan, or even a jacket or coat with you downtown is an obvious way to stay warm. Even though most people don’t take advantage of this, it is seriously possible. There are so many corners and closets in the bar that you can throw your coat in! Or even just throw it under a table. Even though your friends may laugh at you, they won’t be laughing when you’re staying warm and they aren’t ;) just make sure to wash your jacket when you get home from all the spilled beer and other mystery liquids on the floor of Tom and Marty’s…

2. Ditch the short skirts

Okay, so short skirts and dresses are fine to wear until the end of October when it gets freezing. But come the cold weather, ditch the skirts and dresses for skinny jeans or cool leather pants/leggings.

3. Cute tights

If you must wear a skirt or a dress, throw on a cute pair of tights with it. Fishnets, pattered tights, sheer ones, opaque ones, colored ones…they are all in style and make any outfit look very trendy and put together!

Rachel is from northern New Jersey and is currently a junior at Binghamton University in New York. She is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Education. She has always been interested in fashion, and she loves to write. She was first a news writer and then the Arts and Entertainment editor for her award-winning high school newspaper, The Highland Fling. She now is a contributing news writer to BU's paper, Pipe Dream. She is thrilled to be a new member of the Her Campus team!
Binghamton Contributor