How To Incorporate Thanksgiving Into Your Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

We all want to get a little festive when the holidays roll around, right? We wear red lipstick to Christmas parties and glittery eyeshadow on New Year’s Eve, but we neglect Thanksgiving and all the fall colors we can play with. This year, let’s try something different and spice up our makeup with a Thanksgiving themed look. Here’s how to do it:

1. Warm smoky eyes.  Create a super blown out smoky eye with brown, orange, and even red shadows. Go as subtle or as dramatic as you want with these fall colors. To combine all three colors in one awesome look, sweep a brown shadow all across your lid. Then, blend a light orange shadow through the crease. Finish it off with a deeper orangey-red shadow in the crease to add more depth to your eyes.

2. Berry lips. Take cranberry sauce beyond the dinner table and add that vampy color to your lips. Make sure to outline your lips with lipliner so the dark lipstick does not bleed out. Use concealer to clean up your lipline for a polished look. If berry lipstick is too intense for you, try out a lipstain or a berry gloss. You’ll get the color in a less intense fashion, but you’ll still look great.

3. Peach cheeks. Blush does not always have to be pink. Look for a neutral or peach blush to give your cheeks a faint flush of color. If you’re going for smoky eyes or dark lips, it’s better to keep the cheeks cleaner than usual. The light, peachy tone of this blush will warm up your complexion in a pretty yet subtle way.

Test out these Thanksgiving makeup ideas in any format that you want. Try all three together for a dramatic look, or accentuate one feature on your face with the autumnal colors. No matter which way you wear it, this Thanksgiving look is bound to turn heads at the dinner table.