This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

As first semester comes to a close, one thing is for sure; it is way below freezing here in Binghamton. This means that every girl on campus digs out her cutest comfy sweater from her closet to battle those wind chills. Sweaters are the perfect piece of clothing for the winter; you can dress it up, you can dress it down. You can wear the sweater with jeans or put it over a dress; the possibilities are endless! This winter season there are so many different styles of sweaters to choose from. There are the girls that go for the embellishments and designs on the sweater to keep it interesting and distinct. But then there are the girls that go for the more traditional classic crew neck sweater. There is a sweater for every type of girl of all shapes and sizes. No girl should be without the perfect sweater this frosty season. Here are the girls that emulate the sweater look, comfy, but cute! 

Junior: Shai Kartus

Shoes: Uggs, Pants: leggings, Sweater: Marshalls

Shai’s outfit is the perfect example of having embellishments on a sweater. Fringes are in this year and unusual to see during the winter season. However, Shai perfects this outfit by keeping it simple, yet classy. The fringes on the arms make a statement with the sweater. In addition, the neon pink color adds to the audaciousness of this winter classic.

Sophomore: Sharon Smilovich

Shoes: Franco Sarto boots, Pants: leggings, Sweater: Urban Outfitters

Sharon’s sweater screams “ugly Christmas sweater,” minus the ugly. This sweater is so cute, not only because its big and comfy, but because its bold! Pairing this oversized sweater with leggings and combat boots give the outfit a chill, laid back look, yet edgy from the boots. 

Sophomore: Samantha Sternschein

Shoes: Marshalls boots, Pants: leggings, Sweater: Tommy Hilfiger

Samantha’s sweater is the perfect example of preppy. Her sweater is a more fitted kind that displays her torso. The sweater is also super thick which is a plus because it will always keep you warm, whether you are outside, or inside studying in the library. The zipper on the front adds the right amount of flair to the snowy white sweater. This embellishment sets this sweater a part from all other basic crew necks. The leggings and equestrian style boots complete this simple, yet stylish ensemble. 

Melissa is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Scarsdale, NY. She getting a dual degree in English Rhetoric and Human Development. She loves fashion, writing, and social media. Since joining the Her Campus she has interned at two magazines, CollegeFashionista.com and Paper Magazine in NYC. She currently is the Vice President of the sorority Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. She is looking forward to making the next step in her HC journey from Staff Writer to Campus Correspondent.
Binghamton Contributor