5 Tumblrs for End of Semester Procrastination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

There are a little over 2 more weeks of classes left and it’s reached that point where every undergrad’s main prerogative is to procrastinate as efficiently as possible. Our friends are beginning to temporarily disable their facebooks so there’s less to look at when spending time on our normal sites and we need to find new ways to occupy our time. So here are our top 5 Tumblrs to procrastinate on.

5. Onion-Like Headlines in Real-Life

Being an online-magazine, we know how hard it can be to come up with amazing headlines sometimes. And the newspaper that we feel wins the award for A+ headlines all the time is The Onion. We all know it, the satirical website who pokes fun at all sorts of stories and even tricks the most gullible of our friends into believing that President Obama is part vampire, or something as ridiculous. But sometimes there are those headlines that occur in real life that you have to double take — “is this real news?” and this tumblr comes right out to let you know, yes, that is real news.

4. Text from Dog

Imagine our dogs had iPhones. And thumbs. And, you know, spoke English. Well, what would come out of that madness would be nothing more than a few ridiculous texts of our dogs missing us and wanting to eat our clothes and whatnot. But Texts from Dog seems to take a page out of the script of that Elijah Woods show “Wilfred” and adds a new twist to the human-dog relationship. What sort of crazy text messages could we expect from our best friends?

3. Texts from Bennet

We all have that one friend who thinks he’s the most ‘hood’ person in all of humanity — but Bennet just might have all of our delusional friends beat. There’s no way to really explain the hilarity of this site more than the site’s owner does —

“These are text messages I exchange with my 17 year old cousin Bennet. He’s a white boy who thinks he’s a crip, is currently unemployed, has a girlfriend named Mercedes, and is one of the most unintentionally funny and brilliant souls on the planet”.

Add onto it that Bennet’s texts seem to just come out of nowhere sometimes, his cousin promises that these texts are 100% real. Needless to say, it’s a nice way to laugh for a while.

2. Humans of New York (HONY)

We all know NYC, most of us are from NYC. And we love the city. But what people tend to see when they visit is just a vast sea of faces going everywhere and never really get to know that what makes NYC amazing is the people that live there. HONY’s main goal is to shine light on those people and HONY’s creator Brandon does so with just a snapshot and a little snippet of a conversation he has with most of his subjects.

And add to how awesome this tumblr is, he went to Boston right after the tragic events of last week and showed the Humans of Boston.

1. Reasons My Son is Crying

This tumblr is starting to show up all over the news and if you haven’t seen it yet, shame on you. We’ve all got younger cousins, younger siblings, have babysat or even have nieces and nephews and know that there’s one thing that babies do all the time — cry. And sometimes the tears are for the most ridiculous of reasons. Reasons my Son is Crying focuses on those totally ridiculous reasons the owner’s son is crying — the above photo’s reasoning is because he couldn’t have all the cookies. Sometimes we feel like crying about those silly things too, don’t worry kid, it happens to the best of us.

What are your favorite sites for procrastination?

Carmen Rey

Binghamton

Born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1991, Carmen Rey moved to Akron, Ohio as a kid and attended Our Lady of the Elms High School, a small all-girls high school in Akron. After graduating with a class of 28, Carmen attended Kent State University for a year before doing the National Student Exchange program to Binghamton University where she transferred the following year. While at Binghamton, she found a place at the Binghamton Her Campus Branch as a contributing writer. The following year she became Profiles Editor and spent a semester studying abroad in London through Binghamton University's Semester-in-London program. Now she's a senior and the Campus Correspondent of the Binghamton University Branch, majoring in English Literature and Rhetoric as well as blogging on BU's admissions blog.