This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

My name is Erin—I am a sometimes self-conscious but always makeup-obsessed 18-year-old freshman at Bentley.

I learned about ColourPop about a year ago when I read about their makeup online. I decided to order a few of their products, but already had so much makeup that the new products I bought just wound up getting lost in my collection.

A few months ago, news about ColourPop Cosmetics resurfaced. When I heard that they would start selling some of their products in Sephora, I decided to start learning about the brand again—and this time, I fell in love with it.

The company began in 2014, and both the factory and offices are located in Los Angeles. What I love most about the brand is the core belief that makeup is something that should be used for experimentation—and that in the makeup industry, trends may come and go very quickly. In response to these ideas, all of ColourPop’s products are super inexpensive, yet fantastic in quality. It’s like buying Sephora-quality makeup, but with drugstore beauty prices! I also love that the brand is completely vegan and cruelty-free. As they say on their website, they love their “fur babies.”

A few weeks ago, I finally decided to clean out my makeup collection and get rid of most of my old makeup that I no longer use. To complete this overhaul process, I placed a huge order from ColourPop to try out a bunch of their different products and in turn replace my old ones. I’ve quickly grown to love all of their products, and now anytime I want to buy some new makeup, the only place I look is ColourPop. The products apply smoothly on my face and just feel good. Now, the only lip products I use are those which I’ve bought from ColourPop, and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to paying $25 for a lipstick from Sephora!

Images: 1 / 2

Erin Loonie

Bentley '21

Erin is a junior at Bentley University where she is majoring in Marketing and a minor in Psychology. In her free time, she loves to write, read, and spend time with her dog, her family, and her friends. On-campus, you'll usually find her in some study space either writing, reading a book, or doing actual homework. Off-campus, you can find her wherever the makeup is.
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.