This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

For such an obscure and somewhat disturbing movie, it has the whole internet talking. Why and how has it encouraged so much social media attention?

1 Jacob Elordi

I had to put this first because I think he was a MASSIVE reason why so many of us decided to watch, even though we knew it would be somewhat of a mind f***. He does such an amazing job in this movie and is so captivating throughout in many ways…

2 The Cinematography

This movie is BEAUTIFUL. There is no other way to put it. Even if the plot line or the characters are not for you, the scenery, the camera work, the lighting, the costumes, are all so intentional and well done. It reminds me of Euphoria where it is almost like a piece of art more than a film.

3 The Almost Disturbing Plot Lines

The plot of this movie is so unconventional and is somewhat uncomfortable to watch. Multiple moments have taken over TikTok including the bathtub scene, the period scene, the grave scene, and more; All of which are something you rarely see on a TV screen and DEFINITELY can’t be shown on TikTok. This pushed people to watch. The extremity of these moments sparked conversation online that everyone wanted to be a part of.

4 The Music

The music in this movie was so amazing and was immediately added to my playlist. Despite how messed up the final scene was, I cannot stop dancing around my house to Murder on the Dance Floor.

5 The References to Literature

This movie made so many incredible and clever references throughout to different pieces of art and literature. Not only is it beautiful and intelligent but very satisfying to watch and to try and figure out secret meanings. I think this is a big reason why so many people were captivated by this movie.

OVERALL, I was a huge fan even though I think I was scarred a little bit by watching it. I very much recommend but be prepared for anything and everything.

Taylor White

Bentley '26

Hi everyone, my name's Taylor and I'm a sophomore at Bentley University majoring in Finance and an interest in minoring in Sustainability! I am originally from Canada but grew up on a tiny island called Bermuda which I now call home. I love swimming, the environment, my family and anything to do with music!